Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SmittyBacall

2019 NFL Combine

Recommended Posts

Who is expected to blow up the combine?

Who will test surprisingly well?

Who will test surprisingly poor?

Which players draft stock will be drastically affected by their combine testing (good or bad)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Simmons expected to fall because of that or no future impact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

 

 

I saw this. Pretty ridiculous posturing on the NFLs part. He's allowed in the NFL but not allowed at the combine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry but as someone who works with children I like this message. Your actions can affect you way into your future. So think them through. But he also gets a chance to still chase his dream so resiliency is key. However it comes at a cost for what he has done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect this itself will cost him precious little.  But the NFL always has had a limp-wristed approach to thugs.  Pretty nausea inducing IMO.

As for the combine, I always thought it was ridiculous that it impacted a player's draft slot much if at all.  I care what you have shown on the field, not how well you dart around some orange cones or how many reps with a barbell you can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bomont said:

I suspect this itself will cost him precious little.  But the NFL always has had a limp-wristed approach to thugs.  Pretty nausea inducing IMO.

As for the combine, I always thought it was ridiculous that it impacted a player's draft slot much if at all.  I care what you have shown on the field, not how well you dart around some orange cones or how many reps with a barbell you can do. 

This. It just seems really fake. He’s already been punished in multiple ways. NFL has no issue with him raking in millions but won’t let him work out in front of scouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The combine is always an interesting event. That said a player should be judged by their college career and not just the combine. I don't think a combine should play to big a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 2:43 PM, SmittyBacall said:

I saw this. Pretty ridiculous posturing on the NFLs part. He's allowed in the NFL but not allowed at the combine?

Wait.  i thought the combine was it on by National Football Scouting, not the NFL directly.  If that's still the case, they can invite whomever they want, and decline to invite whomever they want for whatever their reasons.

 

Has this changed and I just missed it?  The combine is now always held in Indianapolis since their offices were very close by.

Edited by INbengalfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Wait.  i thought the combine was it on by National Football Scouting, not the NFL directly.  If that's still the case, they can invite whomever they want, and decline to invite whomever they want for whatever their reasons.

 

Has this changed and I just missed it?  The combine is now always held in Indianapolis since their offices were very close by.

It’s in Nashville this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It’s in Nashville this year

Nope.  That would be the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Nope.  That would be the draft.

Haha I misread that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were giving tickets to this out if you requested them last year.

I had gotten some but decided not to go at the last minute. They're not offering it this year. 
I has a sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll start a list of the supposed combine freaks:

Nick Bosa

Rashad Gary

Ed Oliver

Devin White

Josh Allen

DK Metcalf

Noah Fant

Alize Mack

 

Poor Testers

Zach Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×