Worst SB ever?

Chiefer

On 2/5/2019 at 4:18 PM, Jakuvious said:

I'm a Chiefs fan. That game was heaven for me.

I also think it was much more enjoyable than this game was. Watching that Seattle defense put on that clinic was incredible, imo. That's what enjoyable defense looks like.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, jrry32 said:

Two of the top four offenses in the NFL don't suddenly become inept. The defenses and the gameplans were just that good.

The defenses werent ranked that great though.

So looks more like offenses were inept to me.

8 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

The defenses werent ranked that great though.

So looks more like offenses were inept to me.

That's disappointing. You understand the game more than well enough to know what a silly, unintelligent take that is.

15 minutes ago, Elky said:

If you want a horrible Super Bowl, watch 35. It was basically 3 hours of the Ravens violating Kerry Collins like they were Harvey Weinstein.

That was arguably the best defense to ever play the game showcasing it's talent to the fullest.

This Superbowl was just straight up trash all around.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That was arguably the best defense to ever play the game showcasing it's talent to the fullest.

This Superbowl was just straight up trash all around.

But that's the thing: that Super Bowl was more Baltimore taking full advantage of Collins' ineptness.

On 2/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

Think of every SB you've seen. There' usually 1 or 2 plays that immediately come to mind, right? What's that play for this past SB? Gronk's 25 yard catch that led to the games only redzone play?

Do big defensive plays count?

On 2/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

This last one was the worst IMO without a doubt. I didn't see the Steelers/Seahawks because I was working so I can't speak to that one. The Broncos/Seahawks SB was a blowout but there were still a bunch of exciting plays, including Percy Harvin going HAM. Any game where the strong majority of drives by one team is 3-4 plays, punt. That's as boring as it gets.

Think of every SB you've seen. There' usually 1 or 2 plays that immediately come to mind, right? What's that play for this past SB? Gronk's 25 yard catch that led to the games only redzone play?

That was definitely one of the most memorable. It was a great seam route, a fantastic throw and a great catch at a crucial time in the game. That play was also great in large part due to the formation the team was in for that play and the two previous plays -- a 22 heavy formation split 5 wide with Burkhead and Develin that forced LA to bring out their heavy personnel, which gave the Patriots mismatches that they exploited with Edelman, Burkhead and then, yes, Gronkowski. Great job with passpro on Suh and Donald there too considering the empty set.

Another nominee would be the Cover 0 blitz and INT by Gilmore, which was a beautiful thing. The man bluff to zone peel off to intercept Brady at the start was also a great play call. The split move by Hightower to sack Goff in the 3rd quarter was great, and while it was an inside move compared to an outside blitz, it was still reminiscent of the strip sack he had on Matt Ryan two SBs ago considering the down and distance (although Zuerlein was still able to get that 53-yard FG). The chasedown by Jason McCourty on what would have been a go-ahead TD by Cooks was also amazing.

To each his own, though.

One of the worst recent ones was the Seahawks-Broncos imo. Not competitive at all, double-digit lead early in the 2nd and got worse from there. DEN was down 36-0 before they scored at the end of the 3rd quarter. While some of that was due to the dominance of the SEA defense, there were also just major miscues by the DEN offense, the opening botched snap being the prime example, Manning sailing a 1st quarter INT being another, DT with a really weak fumble was another. The botched snap is probably the most memorable play of that game. Maybe the Harvin KO return.

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Indy/Chicago was terrible once Indy stopped kicking to Hester

That opening kickoff return by Hester was enough to put it out of the conversation for "worst SB ever" in my book.  That was one of the most memorable plays I've ever seen in a Super Bowl. 

Archived