TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

3 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Glad someone brought this up...

I feel like these two specials from Chappelle are almost really underrated right now. They're from arguably the best stand-up comic of all time (at least this century) and considering the situation with Chappelle and his incredibly, remarkably mysterious hiatus, and the fact that the two specials are fantastic..all make me wonder why nobody seemed to talk about them much.

Can't wait for the 3rd special to come out.

What are the 2 new year's specials you refer to here? They with Netflix? Because IIRC he had signed a 3 special deal with Netflix..and he's done 2. 

And side note....I found out he was literally doing a show in my city like 4-6 months ago. Except I found out 2 days after it happened.

but hey at least i got to see Bill Cosby do a live stand-up show in my hometown when I was 15. 

He's doing 4 total. The 2 he already did, plus:  Dave Chappelle: Equanimity and Dave Chappelle: The Bird Revelation- which was just recently announced as the 4th special. Both are getting released on NYE. Originally it was just 3 specials, but he and Netflix agreed to do 1 more apparently.

On 12/23/2017 at 11:07 AM, Jeezla said:

I watched the 2 Netflix Chappelle stand up specials last night and laughed my culo off. Can't wait for the 2 New Years Eve specials. I love Dave Chappelle.

I actually liked his pre-sabbatical stand-ups better, but these were a good laugh. Maybe it was just the change in his voice, but newest ones just weren't as good to me. But that's nitpicking really, he's still hilarious with no filter whatsoever.  

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

@Danger @RandyMossIsBoss I managed to get back up to silver before reset. Imma need you two to carry me to platnium status on this 10 game reset thing. 

Even if you played out of your mind in those ten games and won all of them, you wouldn't be any higher than about 1800-1900. All the 10 placement games really do is hide you SR. They'll place you against opponents of your true skill rating (MMR) and if you play well and win against them they'll move you a bit more than normal. 

Right now if you played with me you'd be matched up against opponents at about 2400-2500

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

Even if you played out of your mind in those ten games and won all of them, you wouldn't be any higher than about 1800-1900. All the 10 placement games really do is hide you SR. They'll place you against opponents of your true skill rating (MMR) and if you play well and win against them they'll move you a bit more than normal. 

Right now if you played with me you'd be matched up against opponents at about 2400-2500

easy peasy, lets do it. Even in those last few games when I was playing groups at 1600 I was killing it. 

Also - is there a way to see this MMR? Because curiosly in the middle of my win streak when I was like 1200 all the rest of my games I was playing in games where the average was like 1400+ all the way until I got over 1500 

Edited by Matts4313

Im starting the offical "Eagles Forum New Year's Brown-Out Pool"

1) How many forum posters will Brown Out New Year's Eve?

2) Name them.

3) Who is the first to drop?

4) What time?

5) Who will have the weirdest story to tell the next morning?

Bonus: How many 4's will Matts blow through before midnight? 

46 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Im starting the offical "Eagles Forum New Year's Brown-Out Pool"

1) How many forum posters will Brown Out New Year's Eve?

2) Name them.

3) Who is the first to drop?

4) What time?

5) Who will have the weirdest story to tell the next morning?

Bonus: How many 4's will Matts blow through before midnight? 

Brown out?  Is that like black out drunk?

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

easy peasy, lets do it. Even in those last few games when I was playing groups at 1600 I was killing it. 

Also - is there a way to see this MMR? Because curiosly in the middle of my win streak when I was like 1200 all the rest of my games I was playing in games where the average was like 1400+ all the way until I got over 1500 

MMR is completely hidden. Tell you what, if you want to do placements I'll do it with you on my Sombra only account. Hint: I'm only going to play Sombra