NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Lions-Cards-Raiders? Something involving all their 1st's and Patrick Peterson could make sense.

Raiders get #1

Cardinals get #4, #8, #24, Lions 3rd, Raiders 2020 3rd

Lions get Patrick Peterson, #33

Not sure what scenario would warrant a three team trade though.

Wow, That's unbelievable.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

That's my point - the OP said a team looking to jump the Raiders needed to talk to SF.  I'm not sure that's a legit issue, but if someone wants to leapfrog OAK, targetig SF is  unnecessary.  NYJ at 1.3 is sufficient, for all the reasons you just cited.

That OP you are talking about is me. What I'm saying is that if the redskins were to trade with the jets early, The 49ers could trade back with a team that is interested in Haskins, Like A Giants or Raiders

They can still get an amazing player. The 49ers can still get Quinnen Williams at multiple spots in this draft.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

But that's how the system works, technically.

For each year off, you subtract 1 round. I'm not suggesting in actuality that this is a GOOD thing for them, but based on the system we know, and how we know how it works, that IS the rule of thumb truthfully. 

I just heard somewhere a couple days ago that the idea that NFL GMs use the public chart thingy people use is laughable. That it was made like 40 years ago (or however long ago it was) and there is no way it is relevant. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Obv trying to get himself into the 1st. I doubt Harry goes before the 49ers at 36. I see him in the 36-51 range. 

As much as I love Harry, ARI would be out of their minds nuts to go WR ahead of OL at 2.1, especially if they are going QB at 1.1 with Kyler.  

Now, if they pass on Kyler and keep Rosen...well I still think they are nuts to pass on OL, especially since it's likely some really good OL's will be at the top of BPA chart at 33, or really close.  Their OL is so bad, they don't even need to worry about position - everyone but C pretty much can be argued to be a good pick (and even C, the only reason it's not an immediate need is their investment last year usually deserves a 2nd year before thinking replacement).

3 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

That OP you are talking about is me. What I'm saying is that if the redskins were to trade with the jets early, The 49ers could trade back with a team that is interested in Haskins, Like A Giants or Raiders

They can still get an amazing player. The 49ers can still get Quinnen Williams at multiple spots in this draft.

The 49ers don't need more interior DL help.  Their DL is filled with guys suited to be inside.  Their fit is EDGE/pass rush DE, and that's Bosa to a T.  If Bosa is taken 1.1, then SF is very much open to moving back.   But I don't see it at all with moving back with Bosa on the board.  Williams is a great talent...but so is Bosa.  Frankly, I prefer the longer track record of evaluation that had Bosa as elite generational - that's more predictive of fulfilling potential.  I see Bosa as generational, and perhaps Williams is too - but at the very worst, the gap isn't enough to justify the fit issues with yet another inside DL for SF. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

The 49ers don't need more interior DL help.  Their DL is filled with guys suited to be inside.  Their fit is EDGE/pass rush DE, and that's Bosa to a T.  If Bosa is taken 1.1, then SF is very much open to moving back.   But I don't see it at all with moving back with Bosa on the board.  Williams is a great talent...but so is Bosa.  I see Bosa as generational, and perhaps Williams is too - but at the very worst, the gap isn't enough to justify the fit issues with yet another inside DL for SF. 

I have Bosa going 1st in my Mock. I haven't veered from that at all. But I feel SF would Take williams anyway, because the front of Buckner and Williams in the middle would be too tough to pass up.

13 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

I have Bosa going 1st in my Mock. I haven't veered from that at all. But I feel SF would Take williams anyway, because the front of Buckner and Williams in the middle would be too tough to pass up.

So would a front of Buckner / Ford / Bosa. It's all the same, honestly. 

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Other Vegas stuffs worth noting:  Kyler is a -500 favorite to go at #1 (Bosa is the trending popular bet by bettors paying at 4:1, Quinnen is paying at 7:1), odds on a Top 10 pick being traded on draft day at a -700 favorite (meaning you have to bet $700 to get a payout of $800), Josh Rosen being traded during the draft is a -2000 favorite (just because the odds were too good to pass on the opposite end of the sheet at +900, I've actually got a $50 bet going against this, i.e. that he won't be traded during the draft).

Bosa is the favorite for the #2 pick at -300.  #3 pick is without a favorite - which tends to mean that Vegas is expecting a trade at this spot and they don't want to set a favorite not knowing who to expect to trade here.  Josh Allen is the closest thing to favorite right now at +165, with QW and Oliver behind him at +275.  (Worth noting more than anything, Bosa is +1000 to be drafted #3 which means Vegas is flat out confident he's going in the Top 2 picks right now.)

Kyler is also -1500 to go Top 2.  That's pretty safe to call Vegas feeling that's a lock as well.

worth adding, the first team to trade down is favored at the jets -240. Cards are +500 something, niners +380, Raiders are like +400

I tried to find 'no WRs drafted in the first round' but couldn't. that will pay out though

28 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As much as I love Harry, ARI would be out of their minds nuts to go WR ahead of OL at 2.1, especially if they are going QB at 1.1 with Kyler.  

Now, if they pass on Kyler and keep Rosen...well I still think they are nuts to pass on OL, especially since it's likely some really good OL's will be at the top of BPA chart at 33, or really close.  Their OL is so bad, they don't even need to worry about position - everyone but C pretty much can be argued to be a good pick (and even C, the only reason it's not an immediate need is their investment last year usually deserves a 2nd year before thinking replacement).

Expecting big things from Kevin White too eh? ;)

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Obv trying to get himself into the 1st. I doubt Harry goes before the 49ers at 36. I see him in the 36-51 range. 

49ers will not be drafting that slow guy in the second round.

Kyle loves speed on offense and guys who are technical route runners. Harry is neither. We don't need WRs with big catch radiuses either, Garoppolo is super accurate with his ball placement. Just seems like a horrible fit for everyone. 

Archived