Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Is this after they cut a handful of guys? I’m seeing less online.

There may be roll-over of unused 2018 cap-space that hasn't been accounted for by the sites.  I don't know this for certain, but it's a plausible explanation.

7 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That's why Dallas makes the most sense.  Out of conference, has a superbowl level defense.  Has a great rb.  A very good wr, and a very good OL.  Brown could ve the final piece for them.

They have enough contracts to worry about getting done, other than AB who undoubtedly  will want a restructuring  after this season.

Dak

Zeke

Cooper

Lawrence 

I'm sure I'm  missing 1 or 2?

It is a Jerry Jones type move just unlikely IMO.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Brown seems to be sabotaging his trade value every day, but in reality would Steelers trade him for anything less than a 2nd considering the $20M in dead cap they'd have to eat? If I was the Steelers, I would 100x rather keep AB and hope the relationship miraculously heals than trade him for a mid round pick. Slight chance of having elite WR play for you + not have him play for anyone else >>>> mid round pick + $20M dead cap

AB was building an all time great WR legacy, would he really ruin that by taking a year off/be so cancerous the team doesn't even want him around or in games? If Steelers play hard ball and keep him, I wonder...

They'll call his bluff. He's not going to hold out through the season and cost himself that $$$. At least I don't think he's that dumb.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They'll call his bluff. He's not going to hold out through the season and cost himself that $$$. At least I don't think he's that dumb.

Any interest question (without us treading too much back into the legal sphere - though this is much more civil, so if anyone has any practical experience there, it could be relevant to share), I don't think his exes would have a leg to stand on so long as he remains current on his child support payments, but I wonder if there would be a case if he were to hold out and end up forfeiting paychecks due to that, wherein it could be argued that he's not doing right by his kids?  I doubt it, but just food for thought or to chew on.

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Brown seems to be sabotaging his trade value every day, but in reality would Steelers trade him for anything less than a 2nd considering the $20M in dead cap they'd have to eat? If I was the Steelers, I would 100x rather keep AB and hope the relationship miraculously heals than trade him for a mid round pick. Slight chance of having elite WR play for you + not have him play for anyone else >>>> mid round pick + $20M dead cap

AB was building an all time great WR legacy, would he really ruin that by taking a year off/be so cancerous the team doesn't even want him around or in games? If Steelers play hard ball and keep him, I wonder...

Why would the Steelers risk another Le'Veon Bell sort of headache? Have a player sit (although paying him this time), and get nothing in return? 

Although the Bell situation was so moronic, you never know what they'll do...

42 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Any interest question (without us treading too much back into the legal sphere - though this is much more civil, so if anyone has any practical experience there, it could be relevant to share), I don't think his exes would have a leg to stand on so long as he remains current on his child support payments, but I wonder if there would be a case if he were to hold out and end up forfeiting paychecks due to that, wherein it could be argued that he's not doing right by his kids?  I doubt it, but just food for thought or to chew on.

He can't be forced to work, legally speaking. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

They have enough contracts to worry about getting done, other than AB who undoubtedly  will want a restructuring  after this season.

Dak

Zeke

Cooper

Lawrence 

I'm sure I'm  missing 1 or 2?

It is a Jerry Jones type move just unlikely IMO.

They don't have assets in the draft that the Steelers would deem brown worthy of IMO.

53 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Why would the Steelers risk another Le'Veon Bell sort of headache? Have a player sit (although paying him this time), and get nothing in return? 

Although the Bell situation was so moronic, you never know what they'll do...

He can't be forced to work, legally speaking. 

No, but if his (liquid) assets, I believe, can be seized if he's delinquent on support payments and has no wages to garnish because he's not willing to work.  And that's the sort of thing that sure as hell could make him more willing to work.

23 minutes ago, The LBC said:

No, but if his (liquid) assets, I believe, can be seized if he's delinquent on support payments and has no wages to garnish because he's not willing to work.  And that's the sort of thing that sure as hell could make him more willing to work.

Oh yeah, if he has money, he has to pay up. I thought you were asking about any situation where he was broke...

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Oh yeah, if he has money, he has to pay up. I thought you were asking about any situation where he was broke...

He'd have to go MC Hammer levels of bad investing in order to go broke with the money he's made so far.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't think the Steelers would have to pay AB a cent if he wasn't playing by choice.

I risk it unless it's an offer that actually moves the needle. We're talking an all time great WR here. I'd rather have 10 more months to try to hash things out, on the 5% chance it actually works, than trade him for a mid round pick, personally. He's a sunken cost regardless, if dead money wasn't at play then yes I would agree you get whatever you can for him and move on.

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I will give you the first pick of the 2nd round. Deal? Deal

Honestly, Id take it.    

Id like to get more, but Ill take a top 50 pick.

Anything less than that, and Id rather we just keep him and deactivate him....perhaps suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team.

Dude is going full TO at this point.....the fact that he is dumb enough to take advice from Team Obliterator tells you alot about AB's intelligence.     

This whole situation saddens me, as Ive always been a huge AB fan, but at a certain point you have to give up on a player when you know they are a lost cause.

Archived