Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But you dont have a 1st round pick so you'd probably have to deal a fairly valuable piece I'd assume

You may have missed where I said we wouldn't trade for him bc he doesnt fit culturally or financially. And I bet a 4th and conditional 2020 pick gets it done.  It does scream a Dallas type move as they go all in on Daks final year on his rookie deal.  Colts or Bill's wouldnt shock me either.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You may have missed where I said we wouldn't trade for him bc he doesnt fit culturally or financially. And I bet a 4th and conditional 2020 pick gets it done.  It does scream a Dallas type move as they go all in on Daks final year on his rookie deal.  Colts or Bill's wouldnt shock me either.

You think a 4th and a conditional pick works? Those conditions have to give alot back to get it done imo

26 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You think a 4th and a conditional pick works? Those conditions have to give alot back to get it done imo

Not really.  The Steelers want him gone, he wants to be gone.  Its pretty untenable and Brown is doing his best to force their hand.  He is a great talent, but a locker room headache.  It's why the Bears likely wouldnt bring him in at any cost.  The list of suitors will be small.  Only teams who feel they are wr of his caliber from reaching and winning a Superbowl, or possibly a team with a young QB who needs to show a certain level of development.  That's why Dallas makes the most sense.  Out of conference, has a superbowl level defense.  Has a great rb.  A very good wr, and a very good OL.  Brown could ve the final piece for them.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

What would it take or the Saints to make this trade?  They do this without giving up a bunch, they got their SB next season.

Between the lack of draft assets and the lack of cap space, would be a hard fit, I think, without sacrificing too much. 

Brown seems to be sabotaging his trade value every day, but in reality would Steelers trade him for anything less than a 2nd considering the $20M in dead cap they'd have to eat? If I was the Steelers, I would 100x rather keep AB and hope the relationship miraculously heals than trade him for a mid round pick. Slight chance of having elite WR play for you + not have him play for anyone else >>>> mid round pick + $20M dead cap

AB was building an all time great WR legacy, would he really ruin that by taking a year off/be so cancerous the team doesn't even want him around or in games? If Steelers play hard ball and keep him, I wonder...

Archived