Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think the team that makes the most sense is the 49ers. 

Wildcard teams being the Raiders and Colts. Both teams need a WR and have shown in their past they will definitey give up a 1st for an impactful player. 

49ers don’t have the ammo though. Raiders and Colts have a late 1st they can surrender. 

You're assuming that Brown fetches a first? I don't think he gets that at all. 

Also, with the Domestic disturbance, the 49ers could potentially make the least amount of sense lol. I suppose it depends on how the FO feels about that event and if it was a big deal. While this is Brown's first domestic issue, it's not his first off the field issue, and Lynch / Shanny can't really afford another off the field blow up like they had with Foster. I'll be really curious if they make any sort of play for Brown at this point. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

You're assuming that Brown fetches a first? I don't think he gets that at all. 

Also, with the Domestic disturbance, the 49ers could potentially make the least amount of sense lol. I suppose it depends on how the FO feels about that event and if it was a big deal. While this is Brown's first domestic issue, it's not his first off the field issue, and Lynch / Shanny can't really afford another off the field blow up like they had with Foster. I'll be really curious if they make any sort of play for Brown at this point. 

I’m sure some team will be willing to over pay. 49ers can’t afford distractions, I don’t want the Raiders to give up more than a 3rd. A 3rd and 7th I’d be totally 100% ok with. I can see the Colts making a pretty decent play for him. Andrew Luck is hitting his stride ridge and that team will be in the mix for the conf championship. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m sure some team will be willing to over pay. 49ers can’t afford distractions, I don’t want the Raiders to give up more than a 3rd. A 3rd and 7th I’d be totally 100% ok with. I can see the Colts making a pretty decent play for him. Andrew Luck is hitting his stridge and that team will be in the mix for the conf championship. 

The reports were that they weren't getting the offers they expected even before the DV incident, so that's kind of what I'm basing that on. Obviously, that report could be completely erroneous, or it could be a situation they were expecting mid first round value and only getting late first round value or something, so that's open to interpretation. I was just assuming that they were expecting late first offers and were getting like current third round and a conditional 2020 pick or something. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The reports were that they weren't getting the offers they expected even before the DV incident, so that's kind of what I'm basing that on. Obviously, that report could be completely erroneous, or it could be a situation they were expecting mid first round value and only getting late first round value or something, so that's open to interpretation. I was just assuming that they were expecting late first offers and were getting like current third round and a conditional 2020 pick or something. 

And that's what they should be getting 3rd and a conditional late rounder.

Not much going for PIT in this move.  Teams know he wants out, he's past his prime, and he's a massive ego.  If they get anything more than a 3rd I'd be shocked.

34 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m gonna go with 

Green Bay

Philly

49ers

Seattle 

As great as Howie is at manipulating  the Cap, I can't  see any scenario where we can afford him and his eventual desire for a new contract after this season. Which is Coming!!!!

Rather have Bell though if we even remotely go in that direction Financially with a player.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Do you have anything to contribute to the actual topic?   No?  Okay.  

Do you think posts like this contribute to the topic? If you're freaking out because someone insulted your franchise, and your response is to insult their franchise... You deserve to be called out. You've got several posts that have nothing to do with the topic at hand here. Grow some thicker skin.

I do not like how the Steelers are handling these situations. It feels like they're choosing Ben over these other guys.

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:
7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Do you have anything to contribute to the actual topic?   No?  Okay.  

Do you think posts like this contribute to the topic? If you're freaking out because someone insulted your franchise, and your response is to insult their franchise... You deserve to be called out. You've got several posts that have nothing to do with the topic at hand here. Grow some thicker skin.

I do not like how the Steelers are handling these situations. It feels like they're choosing Ben over these other guys.

stop attacking other posters. This has just become a circle of posters saying to each other that they arent contributing. None of you are, news flash. Stay on topic please. 

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Whatever you say, champ.  You quoted one small part of my post and completely ignored the part that was detailing why his logic was flawed.  His post was not constructive at all and that's why I said it's funny that a fan of an extremely dysfunctional team is attacking another team for their supposed dysfunction.

And what does that even mean, choosing Ben over others? Like who? Bell wanted paid more than the Steelers were willing to pay him. How is that Ben's fault? Brown has been acting like a diva for years now, and he is pissy that Ben didn't force him the ball more.

Not one of you has stated an actual fact in regards to how they have supposedly mistreated Bell or Brown. And I don't even like Ben, so I couldn't care less what you think of him.

and for the record, I speak poorly of my team more than almost anyone, and if someone makes a logical criticism of my team, I'm fine with that. Blaming them for mistreating 2 idiots is not logical at all.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not one of you has stated an actual fact in regards to how they have supposedly mistreated Bell or Brown. And I don't even like Ben, so I couldn't care less what you think of him.

Unlike in the past, they have treated their star players differently recently. Not mistreated, but seemingly let them get away with more. There is only so much you can do with contract issues, but Bell did have some issues and was never taught that diving while high is driving impaired so while I don't blame the Steelers for not teaching him something every elementary student knows it seems they surely looked the other way at knowing he was an active user. Maybe all teams do. Brown like you said has been a Diva for years. He also isn't very intelligent or he has serious psychological issues. They let him get away with stuff that irritated me as an opposing fan and I root for his team to fail. Superstar treatment is everywhere but there was a time it wasn't tolerated in Pittsburgh. Heck there was probably a time that they would have released Ben after paying for civil cases against him, which doesn't mean guilt but means guilt in my best guess and in public opinion.

The Steelers treated their stars too nicely, or gave them way more leeway than they had in the past. They aren't different from any average franchise but they are different than what the franchise used to be. I get it with Ben, you have to have a QB in this league and they went awhile without a good one. You can win without Bell/Brown and they haven't won it all with them either so I think they'll regret losing the image of being a low tolerant team because it didn't get them anywhere and now it's going to be really hard to get that back. Nothing wrong with being just another franchise, the fans just can't brag about rooting for a "we don't allow that crap" franchise anymore.

55 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Unlike in the past, they have treated their star players differently recently. Not mistreated, but seemingly let them get away with more. There is only so much you can do with contract issues, but Bell did have some issues and was never taught that diving while high is driving impaired so while I don't blame the Steelers for not teaching him something every elementary student knows it seems they surely looked the other way at knowing he was an active user. Maybe all teams do. Brown like you said has been a Diva for years. He also isn't very intelligent or he has serious psychological issues. They let him get away with stuff that irritated me as an opposing fan and I root for his team to fail. Superstar treatment is everywhere but there was a time it wasn't tolerated in Pittsburgh. Heck there was probably a time that they would have released Ben after paying for civil cases against him, which doesn't mean guilt but means guilt in my best guess and in public opinion.

The Steelers treated their stars too nicely, or gave them way more leeway than they had in the past. They aren't different from any average franchise but they are different than what the franchise used to be. I get it with Ben, you have to have a QB in this league and they went awhile without a good one. You can win without Bell/Brown and they haven't won it all with them either so I think they'll regret losing the image of being a low tolerant team because it didn't get them anywhere and now it's going to be really hard to get that back. Nothing wrong with being just another franchise, the fans just can't brag about rooting for a "we don't allow that crap" franchise anymore.

Props for a well thought out assessment.    I dont agree with all of it, but everything is at least logical and fairly accurate. as opposed to just "eff the Steelers".

Not sure what more they were supposed to do with Bell.    He was suspended twice....and then he held out twice and overrated his value.    Steelers didnt want to pay him what he wanted.    As far as Im concerned, thats business.    If Bell hadnt been an idiot early in his career, he likely wouldve gotten a contract 2 years ago.     

Brown is a little bit different.   Perhaps the Steelers and Ben deserve SOME blame for how that relationship devolved, but its laughable for people to act like Brown is some type of victim.    He gradually became more and more of a diva the last 3 or 4 years, and it came to a head this year because Ben wasnt forcing the ball to him as much.

The Steelers clearly have their drama right now, but it largely revolves around 2 or 3 players....2 of which will no longer be a headache next year.   

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Props for a well thought out assessment.    I dont agree with all of it, but everything is at least logical and fairly accurate. as opposed to just "eff the Steelers".

Not sure what more they were supposed to do with Bell.    He was suspended twice....and then he held out twice and overrated his value.    Steelers didnt want to pay him what he wanted.    As far as Im concerned, thats business.    If Bell hadnt been an idiot early in his career, he likely wouldve gotten a contract 2 years ago.     

Brown is a little bit different.   Perhaps the Steelers and Ben deserve SOME blame for how that relationship devolved, but its laughable for people to act like Brown is some type of victim.    He gradually became more and more of a diva the last 3 or 4 years, and it came to a head this year because Ben wasnt forcing the ball to him as much.

The Steelers clearly have their drama right now, but it largely revolves around 2 or 3 players....2 of which will no longer be a headache next year.   

Yeah no other team would have gotten rid of Bell after his incidents and they all probably would have tolerated an at worst top 2 WR in the league as long as the Steelers did. Steelers have some high character guys and honestly Ben is probably the only player I can think of that will still create headlines and that has mostly just been calling out teammates in the media and most players can handle that better than Brown, even if he should leave that in the locker room or a personal conversation between teammates/coaches. It's something he should have already known but maybe this was a big enough ordeal that it hits home and he uses groups instead of individuals in the media so no one feels disrespected personally.

It's easy to find running backs if you have a good line and Conner already showed he can do it. The Steelers have a good #1 WR even with Brown not on the roster. So that just means I can't get as much enjoyment out of Bell and Brown leaving as an opposing fan should get. Pretty disappointing. I guess I can still hope for Ben deciding to retire out of nowhere. That I could really enjoy.

Archived