Ravens trade Joe Flacco to Broncos

49erurtaza

Denver has a terrible business plan. This is the "wallow in mediocrity" move that they should never had made. They went from a C- QB to a C QB and it cost them a fat piece of their cap space. This isn't a long-term solution and they aren't a playoff team. Makes no sense. Denver needs to rebuild their team because they aren't winning anything with their current QB situation. And general putrid offense.

Denver is doing what Miami did last off-season. Made some moves to not be an abomination, but didn't move the needle in any direction significantly. Clearly that horse-faced GM of theirs thinks they're a contender, but he's going to be sadly mistaken.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Nick Foles. Smart teams wouldn't want Flacco anyways. Probably not Foles either, but they need to do something at the position because the rest of their team is actually good.

Jags should go after Tannehill or Foles at this point in time.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Flacco was the 3rd/4th best QB on the market depending on what the Bengals do with Dalton.

My bet is Dalton sticks around.  I really have a hard time thinking they'd trade him - they won't get back he's really worth to them (at a minimum, 1 bridge year to a new QB, which is worth a lot).

This Flacco move is dumb.  They thought Vance Joseph was the problem.  Maybe he wasn't part of the solution, but he wasn't their problem.  

36 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah but he didnt fold like a lawn chair in the Super Bowl and has a shiny ring to go with his MVP title.

Joe Flacco's first 5 playoff starts: 57/120 47.5% 660 yards 5.5 YPA 1 TD 6 Ints 46.5 Passer Rating

Go sit in the corner with SnA. xD

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

My bet is Dalton sticks around.  I really have a hard time thinking they'd trade him - they won't get back he's really worth to them (at a minimum, 1 bridge year to a new QB, which is worth a lot).

This Flacco move is dumb.  They thought Vance Joseph was the problem.  Maybe he wasn't part of the solution, but he wasn't their problem.  

I can't believe a team thought they could replicate Case Keenum's success in Minnesota with a different system on a different team. NFL makes no sense sometimes.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Joe Flacco's first 5 playoff starts: 57/120 47.5% 660 yards 5.5 YPA 1 TD 6 Ints 46.5 Passer Rating

Go sit in the corner with SnA. xD

Maybe Jared Goff will get better as the years go on. Maybe not. Goff couldn't perform down the stretch (not just the playoffs) despite having arguably the best offensive scheme in the game, along with the best RB in the NFL to help him. Flacco didn't have any of that. You're right that Flacco struggled his first 3 years of his career in the playoffs. We'll see if Goff is able to turn into consistently one of the best postseason QB's in the NFL come next year and beyond (Flacco from 2011-now has consistently been dominant). I don't see it happening, but anything is possible.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I can't believe a team thought they could replicate Case Keenum's success in Minnesota with a different system on a different team. NFL makes no sense sometimes.

That was also a dumb move, and i said so at the time.*

*yes, i sprained my shoulder patting myself on the back there

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Maybe Jared Goff will get better as the years go on. Maybe not. Goff couldn't perform down the stretch (not just the playoffs) despite having arguably the best offensive scheme in the game, along with the best RB in the NFL to help him. Flacco didn't have any of that. You're right that Flacco struggled his first 3 years of his career in the playoffs. We'll see if Goff is able to turn into consistently one of the best postseason QB's in the NFL come next year and beyond (Flacco from 2011-now has consistently been dominant). I don't see it happening, but anything is possible.

oh geez.. here come the Giants fans

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Me. I'm the most humble.

you heard it here first, folks!

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

oh geez.. here come the Giants fans

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I don't know if Goff's struggles were because of inexperience, or because McVay has already maximized Goff's potential. Eli and Flacco, tbh, will always be exceptions to the general rule of "if you're bad in the regular season, you're going ot be bad in the postseason), along with Nick Foles.

Archived