Ravens trade Joe Flacco to Broncos

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

My suspicion is now we see DEN go ILB (because Fangio looks for a signature ILB to anchor his D) or CB if they think an elite one is there.   Going after Flacco aligns with the DEN org narrative they are going to win-now - the Fangio hire was billed with that in mind, this fits as well - to be clear IMO, the narrative is crazy given our roster holes and lack of actual difference-making talent, but it is what it is.   

That may very well be the case.  I've had the suspicion that Devin White is going in that 10-14 range, with both Denver and Cincinnati as the two most obvious candidates.  They could still opt to move up from their SRP if they wanted to get into that second tier of QBs (Lock, Jones, Grier, etc.).  Green Bay at 30 seems like a potential trade down candidate.

19 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

tenor.gif

Thanks man! I'm pretty proud of myself too. 

On 12/20/2018 at 7:25 PM, wackywabbit said:

I'm telling you... Flacco will be in Denver and he'll have them back in the playoffs in 2019. What's the point of getting 7-8 wins in 2019, still not being in position for a top-5 draft talent and wasting a year of prime Miller-Chubb. Keenum costs basically the same as Flacco (although you'd take some dead cap from his signing bonus) and Flacco's contract carries 0 long term burden, as you can move to a successor at any time with 0 dead cap. The young cheap talent window goes away real fast.

A new coaching staff is a given. If you get Kubiak back on the sideline, Flacco makes even more sense as the vet.

^Regarding, what I'm bragging about, this is what I said in December. This move makes a ton of sense for Denver and where they are at now. They can content right away with Flacco and move on at any time to a new QB with no dead money. Flacco knows how to play on a team built around defense and a running game. The play action-downfield game will be so much better than it was with Keenum.

I dont really love this move but to whomever says that Flacco isnt that much of an improvement over Case, your so wrong.

Case was absolutley terrible last season. Worse than the Trevor Siemien years. His arm strength somehow has regressed to the point of almost being a non-NFL backup caliber player. The passing offense switch-the-channel bad last season.

This is odd to me. Elway keeps buying tickets to the QB lottery but Flacco is a proven mediocre player. He’s another Eli Manning.  

He’d be better off spending all of his draft picks on QBs since its clearly the most important position to him. Draft 6 or 7 college QBs and see if one of them can  consistently throw the brown ball to one of his teammates in the NFL.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

John Elway has undertaken a mission to only acquire below average QBs to make sure Broncos fans remember his playing career as the GOAT. This is MJ managing the Bobcats all over again.

insanely accurate statement.

48 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They need to do a little bit better than below .500. But not much better. Maybe exactly 8-8.

And you know who is good for that...

Oh, man, now I'm not going to consider my life complete until I see some stache in Denver.

Allow me to be the first to officially start the JEFF FISHER TO DENVER train!

(There's bounds to still be some Eau de Peyton lingering in the corners of Mile High that Fish can get his fix off of.)

19 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

This is odd to me. Elway keeps buying tickets to the QB lottery but Flacco is a proven mediocre player. He’s another Eli Manning.  

He’d be better off spending all of his draft picks on QBs since its clearly the most important position to him. Draft 6 or 7 college QBs and see if one of them can  consistently throw the brown ball to one of his teammates in the NFL.

Which is why this makes a fantastic prelude to 2020 when Elway signs... Eli Manning.

Archived