Giants do NOT tag S Landon Collins, set to be a FA

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

What a puzzling decision by the Giants front office. Then again, they are the ones guiding that team to top 10 pick after top 10 pick.

Terrible decision and one they will regret.

Intentional tank for a 2020 QB.

It's a bit shocking in that they're letting a good young player go, from a defense that could really use playmakers.  But i understand where they're coming from.  If he wants that Tag sort of money and that was the only option...it'd be really hard to justify the S tag number on a guy who plays in Collins role.  It's just not a very premium position/role unless you're getting somebody absolutely elite and gamebreaking.  Even then, it can be such a scheme fit/situation specific position when it comes to performance and value too.

There are enough teams out there with mountains of cap space to spend this year, he'll probably get picked up on a good deal.  But in a lot of offseasons, i could see him sitting there un-signed for a long time if he's holding firm at ~Franchise Tag type money.  Just aren't that many teams out there who value SS types that highly.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Would be an amazing fit next to the super rangy Hooker too, provided Hooker can stay healthy. 

yeah, and with 100 million in cap space, the colts can basically get any free agent they want this year

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I don't understand what Gettleman is doing.

Me neither? Makes no sense unless it's a Player/Coach/Locker room  thing which I've  heard nothing remotely  being the case?

I'm happy, but shocked!

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

What a puzzling decision by the Giants front office. Then again, they are the ones guiding that team to top 10 pick after top 10 pick.

Terrible decision and one they will regret.

Its funny to me that a Titans fan posted this. You guys basically traded us Collins for Dorial Green-Beckham and Jalston Fowler. 

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Its funny to me that a Titans fan posted this. You guys basically traded us Collins for Dorial Green-Beckham and Jalston Fowler. 

Probably a good reason those morons from our front office are no longer employed, wouldn't you agree?

Archived