New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

But this is GOOD change! I don't know that I have ever been this happy about an Internet change, actually. Generally I'm mad as hell, but I like a lot of the new simplicity to this one. And it doesn't suck on my phone.

well cool.. glad u is happy. Me, I am going to slowly adjust, and no problem. Random congrats on your soon to be? if not already marriage I think I read of some days ago. :)

22 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

well cool.. glad u is happy. Me, I am going to slowly adjust, and no problem. Random congrats on your soon to be? if not already marriage I think I read of some days ago. :)

Thanks! Soon to be - early November. Going to SF for our honeymoon, but we had to do it the Saturday-Friday of Thanksgiving week because of us each starting new jobs and not having a ton of vacation time. As it turns out - the 49ers play all home games in November, but we're going on the bye week. Was somewhat bittersweet. 

10 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Thanks! Soon to be - early November. Going to SF for our honeymoon, but we had to do it the Saturday-Friday of Thanksgiving week because of us each starting new jobs and not having a ton of vacation time. As it turns out - the 49ers play all home games in November, but we're going on the bye week. Was somewhat bittersweet. 

Oh,i must've totally missed you getting married soon...or forgotten. So congratulations! Possibly for the second time if i already said it once

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Oh,i must've totally missed you getting married soon...or forgotten. So congratulations! Possibly for the second time if i already said it once

Thanks @Forge! I want to say I wrote it in the new forum Intro thread, so probably not known for long. 

• Like 1

Good news on the car front - does in fact appear to have been nothing more than the 12 volt. No weird safety switch glitches or anything like that. Apparently, this is common for my car if you leave it stored for a couple of weeks, which I recently did while on vacation (why it didn't die until 2 weeks after I got back from vacation, I don't know) , due to all of on board electronic systems that are constantly "running" and sucking up just little bits of the battery at any given time. 

Now, finding a battery was a pain in the butt. Lexus makes them "special order" and special items and advises shops like this that is requires a special computer reset after installation that they can't do, so after trips to costco, walmart, sears, auto zone, I was still out of luck - nobody had my battery in stock. Thankfully, my car's battery is compatible with one of the Prius batteries (my car is basically the lexus version of the prius - same drive train, hybrid tech, etc), though it sucks that they are still so damn expensive lol (over 200 bucks for just the battery).

So 200 bucks, 45 minutes of my time, and car is working fine after installation. And the special computer reset? Yeah, that didn't happen. I had read that I may have to reset windows / sunroof, but I didn't even have to do that. Hell, I didn't have to reset my clock. The only thing that ended up erased was my radio presets, which I don't use anyway... 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

And the special computer reset? Yeah, that didn't happen. I had read that I may have to reset windows / sunroof, but I didn't even have to do that. Hell, I didn't have to reset my clock. The only thing that ended up erased was my radio presets, which I don't use anyway... 

I changed my battery a couple months ago and since then my thermometer reads in Celsius and my trip measures in kilometers. Now that I'm used to it I kinda like it 

On 8/6/2017 at 8:32 PM, 48 1/2ers said:

I changed my battery a couple months ago and since then my thermometer reads in Celsius and my trip measures in kilometers. Now that I'm used to it I kinda like it 

That's Canada's (and the rest of the world's) plan to convert you to metric system. Get with the times, people! Welcome to this brand new world, where water freezes at 0 and boils at 100, where kilometres aren't 5280 units of its subdivision, but rather... an even thousand... a world where the speed of light is nearly 300000km/s (299 792.458 to be exact), not a random 160000 miles per second.

All this being said, when I play golf, I use yards, dammit!!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rudyZ said:

That's Canada's (and the rest of the world's) plan to convert you to metric system. Get with the times, people! Welcome to this brand new world, where water freezes at 0 and boils at 100, where kilometres aren't 5280 units of its subdivision, but rather... an even thousand... a world where the speed of light is nearly 300000km/s (299 792.458 to be exact), not a random 160000 miles per second.

All this being said, when I play golf, I use yards, dammit!!! 

Time for the metric revolution! Could be a bit awkward in football though when you have to go 9,144 metres for a first down.

So Scott McCloughan just joined twitter and seems to be a big fan of our draft thinking we got two of the top five players. And he also said he would have tried to trade up for Foster. But did say he isn't quite Patrick Willis LOL.

Also said his favorite draft pick ever was Frank Gore. That's the pick he's most proud of. 

Good to hear - McCloughan had a great eye for talent, so nice to think we got two of the top 5 players (in a weaker class, hard to disagree). 

And I think Gore is the obvious choice for draft pick to be most proud of. He's probably the best 49ers draft pick of the last 20 years, and is probably a top 15 draft pick in that time as well. I mean, first rounders you expect to play well and be the strongest players. A 3rd round pick on a slower RB with two busted knees? Discounting first round picks as more obvious choices, I can think of Gore, Brady, Brees, Sherman, Russell Wilson, Justin Houston, Antonio Brown, Bowman, Chancellor, Yanda, Brandon Marshall, Dumervil, Jared Allen, Robert Mathis, Witten, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Matt Birk, Hasselbeck, and Jason Taylor as the best draft selections of the last 20 drafts (hard to judge some more recent picks, though).  I think he'd easily fit in with the top 15 of that group. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In terms of value pick,  since McCloughan took over one of the top spots in the FO, it has to be either Sherman, Gore or Wilson. 

I'd throw Antonio Brown in there, too. If he merely duplicates his second best season, he'll pass 10,000 receiving yards before he turns 30. That's been done by exactly 3 players - Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson. Not bad company.