Eric Weddle S signing with Rams

49erurtaza

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Is he really as washed as Ravens fans say he is? 34yr old FS I tend to think this is not a good signing.

I mean he's a decent player but he's definitely not as good as everyone is making him out to be.

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Is he really as washed as Ravens fans say he is? 34yr old FS I tend to think this is not a good signing.

Nope the ravens fans are justifying cutting him because of his salary, he lost a step last year but he's a solid starter and a good off the field presence. 

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's very much limited physically. Good leader and director of the secondary, but smart teams will try to isolate and attack him. The Ravens had a very good group of corners this past year so he didn't have to make the play very often.

Hope he succeeds. 

21 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Who said he was washed? Dude is still a legit player at a weak position today...

45 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Physically yes. Mentally he's still in his prime.

31 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Nope the ravens fans are justifying cutting him because of his salary, he lost a step last year but he's a solid starter and a good off the field presence. 

Physically he is about as washed as you can get.

23 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Who said he was washed? Dude is still a legit player at a weak position today...

Everyone who watched all 16 games of him this year.

I still think this is a good signing for the Rams though. Someone said he'd be best suited for a cover 2 defense and IIRC the Rams run a lot of 2-high looks. Just don't ask the guy to tackle or cover in the slot because he WILL get beat, consistently.

But I also read he wants to be close to his family (who still live in San Diego), so this makes all the sense in the world for him to finish his career in LA and retire.

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Physically yes. Mentally he's still in his prime.

Physically he is about as washed as you can get.

Everyone who watched all 16 games of him this year.

I still think this is a good signing for the Rams though. Someone said he'd be best suited for a cover 2 defense and IIRC the Rams run a lot of 2-high looks. Just don't ask the guy to tackle or cover in the slot because he WILL get beat, consistently.

But I also read he wants to be close to his family (who still live in San Diego), so this makes all the sense in the world for him to finish his career in LA and retire.

He's also originally from Rancho Cucamonga and would have been a kid the last time the Rams were in LA.

Archived