Raiders trade Kelechi Osemele to Jets

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

in 2016 he was amazing. But I saw a report that he lost 50 pounds the last 2 seasons and plans to keep on losing weight. 

Probably why his play his declined. 

U0HWgzM.gif

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

in 2016 he was amazing. But I saw a report that he lost 50 pounds the last 2 seasons and plans to keep on losing weight. 

Probably why his play his declined. 

Hopes to eventually become the World's Largest Marathoner and represent Ethiopia in the Olympics! Good on ya, Kelechi- gotta take care of your health, first!

Image result for African marathoner

Really good deal for both sides. If Jets can land Bell or Coleman, get an EDGE like Allen, get an OT, and get a WR they are a very good team. I suppose that’s a lot of ifs though. They’d really benefit trading down in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Really good deal for both sides. If Jets can land Bell or Coleman, get an EDGE like Allen, get an OT, and get a WR they are a very good team. I suppose that’s a lot of ifs though. They’d really benefit trading down in the draft. 

From their first pick or one of their ones from Dallas or Chicago? I think it'd be a good strategy to get one of the top talents at #4 like Allen or Williams, unless they're blown away by an offer. Might be a good idea for them to trade down from one of their other picks, though.

Just now, DawgX said:

From their first pick or one of their ones from Dallas or Chicago? I think it'd be a good strategy to get one of the top talents at #4 like Allen or Williams, unless they're blown away by an offer. Might be a good idea for them to trade down from one of their other picks, though.

I was talking about the Jets not the Raiders. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Nice, 10M in cap room to try to land Bell. 

Explanation to other fans: Our G Good emerged last year as a very good player. So we have three quality guards. Osemele somewhat regressed last year. This was an easy and smart decision. 

Denzelle Good was greatly loved by the Colt’s coaching staff before Reich came in and even with Reich’s staff.

During last season, his brother was murdered and the team let him take all the time he wanted to leave the team and get done what was needed. When he did return though he never played another game with us. Was a healthy scratch until we released him. After the season some people speculated that OL coach Dave DeGugliamo’s handling of Good led the team to release Good mid season, and to Reichs firing of Googs.  

Needless to say, I’m happy that he is doing good (pun intended) 

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Solid trade for both teams. Jets get an ok starter at a position where we have nothing. Raiders clear cap space. The swap of draft picks is ehh. 

He is better than ok.  In the right system he will go back to being a top tier OG, problem is that isn’t in our system or with our terrible OL coach.  We save $10 mil and you guys add a really good OG.  I’m good with it because he would have been wasted here.

The Raiders acquired pick #140 from the Jets as part of the deal for Osemele, which is one spot higher than their own 5th round pick (141) they’re sending to the Steelers as part of the AB trade. 

If you consider those two 5th rd picks virtually cancel each out, the Raiders have this weekend added Brown in exchange for a high 3rd rounder (#66), the Bears 6th round pick and Osemele.

11 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Denzelle Good was greatly loved by the Colt’s coaching staff before Reich came in and even with Reich’s staff.

During last season, his brother was murdered and the team let him take all the time he wanted to leave the team and get done what was needed. When he did return though he never played another game with us. Was a healthy scratch until we released him. After the season some people speculated that OL coach Dave DeGugliamo’s handling of Good led the team to release Good mid season, and to Reichs firing of Googs.  

Needless to say, I’m happy that he is doing good (pun intended) 

I read the story on this when DeGugliamo was fired and wow. Guy sounds like a grade A piece of work if Good's account of the situation was accurate. Glad he got his release and a shot with the Raiders. 

Guessing Jackson goes back to LG where he excelled originally. Good starts LG and would not be surprised if Raiders draft a guy like Risner whom they seemed to love at the senior bowl.

11 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Giving up Osemele and a 6th ( bears pick) for a 5th round in return sounds more like a salary dump than anything. Raiders are doing their thang though. Can't argue that.

He was rumored to be a cap casualty, so you're right. The Raiders had a ton of capital tied up in their interior Oline, so needed to get leaner. Getting something for him was better than nothing. And Jets get a solid OG.

Mayock and Gruden seem to have a plan thus far so it's encouraging. Trying to check of boxes prior to the draft to maximize their flexibility.

Archived