Cheifs close to deal with S Tyrann Mathieu 3 years 42 million

49erurtaza

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure I totally understand this.  Committing $27M combined to your two starting safeties seems a tad heavy.  Last year, only 2 teams spent $20M+ on their safeties with Houston ($21M) and New England ($23M).

Well Chiefs are going all in while their SB window is open. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure I totally understand this.  Committing $27M combined to your two starting safeties seems a tad heavy.  Last year, only 2 teams spent $20M+ on their safeties with Houston ($21M) and New England ($23M).

Well at least it's not the Raiders and the Cardinals

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

berry is about to get 86'd

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Their window will be open for a while.  I'm more concerned about that pass rush than anything else right now.

well 2019 will be the last season Mahomes' caphit will be low so to make the signings now makes a lot of sense. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Their window will be open for a while.  I'm more concerned about that pass rush than anything else right now.

Not really, couple more years. Aging defense and Mahomes will be paid the biggest contract in NFL by a mile in two years. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Not really, couple more years. Aging defense and Mahomes will be paid the biggest contract in NFL by a mile in two years. 

Pretty sure we have one of the youngest defense in the NFL. Granted it's not very good, but it's young.

Just now, TedLavie said:

Pretty sure we have one of the youngest defense in the NFL. Granted it's not very good, but it's young.

That Mahomes contract is still gonna severely limit them. Honestly 2019 is the Chiefs best shot and a decent chance in 2020. There’s no such thing as a 6-7 year window in todays NFL unless you’re New England where Brady takes a pay cut and Bill doesn’t pay performers. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

That Mahomes contract is still gonna severely limit them. Honestly 2019 is the Chiefs best shot and a decent chance in 2020. There’s no such thing as a 6-7 year window in todays NFL unless you’re New England where Brady takes a pay cut and Bill doesn’t pay performers. 

Steelers have been contenders year in and year out for a decade.

Green Bay has been pretty close to that before the last two years too.

I agree Mahomes rookie contract gives us a chance to be aggressive to optimize that SB window (and sign studs like Anthony Hitchens), but it's not because Mahomes is going to get paid that suddenly we'll regress to 9-7 every year. Especially in the post Brady world.

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

Steelers have been contenders year in and year out for a decade.

Green Bay has been pretty close to that before the last two years too.

I agree Mahomes rookie contract gives us a chance to be aggressive to optimize that SB window (and sign studs like Anthony Hitchens), but it's not because Mahomes is going to get paid that suddenly we'll regress to 9-7 every year. Especially in the post Brady world.

Have Pittsburgh or Green Bay won a Super Bowl since 2010? No. 

Archived