Vikings Anthony Barr decided to sign back with Vikings instead of jets

49erurtaza

Just now, TENINCH said:

So you're trolling?

If that's what you got out of that, sure.  But the reality is that neither HC has proven anything.  Both are in the good, but not great category.  The Vikings are flush with talent compared to the Dolphins.

Looking at our LB core, it's not surprising that the vikings brought back Barr but I agree we've never used him properly. We still need to draft an OLB with Pass Coverage abilities, which Barr is extremely limited at.

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I think its actually a smart move for the Vikings. They are not going to find anyone better I doubt. Dumb move by Barr though. If he went to a 3-4 team and turned in a couple seasons of pass rushing ability he could make bank. 

It's not at all a smart move. They're paying a guy pass rusher money without using him in that role. A smart move would be to find a cheap replacement who is better in coverage, instead of paying massive money to a guy you plan to misuse.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If that's what you got out of that, sure.  But the reality is that neither HC has proven anything.  Both are in the good, but not great category.  The Vikings are flush with talent compared to the Dolphins.

Zimmer developed that talent. We didn't have a good roster when Zimmer took over.

11 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Between this and Cousins I'm not surprised. Can't wait for Spielman to be replaced.

Richardson was more vital to the team than Barr.

I disagree with everything you just said.  I think Spielman is awesome and want him to stick around.  I like Bridgewater more than Cousins, but you can’t put all of your eggs in one basket with Bridgewaters knee injury so I think he made the right decision even though the money was more than I wanted.  I also think Barr is extremely underrated and was more important than Richardson...  apparently the Vikings front office agrees with me.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Zimmer developed that talent. We didn't have a good roster when Zimmer took over.

The previous 4 seasons the Vikings owned the 9th, 23rd, 4th, and 12th overall picks.  The previous 4 seasons prior to Gase taking over, the Dolphins have had the 3rd, 3rd, 6th, and 20th pick.  In the 4 seasons prior to Zimmer taking over, the Vikings averaged 6 wins per season.  In the previous 4 seasons before Gase took over, the Jets have averaged 6 wins over the season.  So they were in the same damn boat.  The only difference is that Zimmer has had 5 seasons to build up his roster, and Gase just got hired.

17 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I think its actually a smart move for the Vikings. They are not going to find anyone better I doubt. Dumb move by Barr though. If he went to a 3-4 team and turned in a couple seasons of pass rushing ability he could make bank. 

He's never shown to have pass rushing ability though so I don't understand this sentiment. He has one or two years of college experience. But if you're Barr, you're making a little bit less than he got in NY to play a familiar position. He's making bank and doesn't have to switch positions. I don't like the deal for MN but it is what it is. One less hole to fill.

Archived