NCAA Tournament Thread

ramssuperbowl99

The Sweet 16 this year is going to feature 14 top 4 seeds. The only two non-top 4 seeds to make it are Auburn (5) and Oregon (11) but both schools won their conference tournaments. Should be one of the more competitive Sweet 16's in recent memory. 

If things stay as is for the late games I’m gonna have 13/16 sweet 16 teams. Also for the first time in probably a decade I’m not doing a money bracket just a for fun bragging rights bracket so of course I’m doing far better this year than usual.  

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

If things stay as is for the late games I’m gonna have 13/16 sweet 16 teams. Also for the first time in probably a decade I’m not doing a money bracket just a for fun bragging rights bracket so of course I’m doing far better this year than usual.  

8/8 on the Elite 8 as well

32 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I got 14/16 if oregon wins here

fletcher magee let me down, that was a good pick tho. 

9 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I got 14/16 if oregon wins here

fletcher magee let me down, that was a good pick tho. 

I didn’t go crazy on upsets but it was the upsets that killed me I had a pretty chalky sweet 16 12/12 on pretty safe picks and 1/4 on the surprise 16 teams I did have Oregon but also Iowa St (mild surprise) as well as Syracuse over Gonzaga which was my big 2nd round upset and also I had a Belmont/Yale round of 32 game for some reason so I think I had Yale winning that. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

@NYRaideris always wrong about cbb.  duke won but he acted like it was going to be bad. told you ucf would give duke all they could handle.

also you said OSU was beating Houston.

Yeah about that...

Hard to blow someone out when their big 7'7" guy gets noncalls on plays like this all night... I had Houston in the S16, just wanted to give you a hard time. 

20ZH0tl.jpg

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Not many upsets thus far but I think Duke is out next game. They barely got past UCF, can't see them getting out of the Sweet 16. 

That's what I've got in my bracket. VA Tech over Duke. They beat Duke in a game that lacked Zion Williamson and Kerry Blackshear.

6 hours ago, tom cody said:

Not many upsets thus far but I think Duke is out next game. They barely got past UCF, can't see them getting out of the Sweet 16. 

UCF was a tough matchup for them. People can say "oh well UCF has provided the blueprint now", but I mean really? Are you really telling me teams didn't learn until last night that this Duke team will have trouble if you force them to shoot and protect the paint? I doubt it, I just think UCF, with 2 good interior defenders (one of which is 7'6 lol), was especially tough for Duke. Even so, they managed to have a good day from 3 (by their standards) which is why it stayed a close game despite Dawkins playing the game of his life on the other end. 

Don't get me wrong, Duke is by no means some juggernaut and I am taking the field over them without hesitation, they are not even my pick to win it all, but I think I would be surprised if VT is the one to knock them off. Now MSU? Zaga/FSU? UNC/UVA or whoever else comes from that side? That wouldn't surprise me. Duke has no depth and are poor from 3, they are as beatable a top overall seed as you'll see.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

UCF was a tough matchup for them. People can say "oh well UCF has provided the blueprint now", but I mean really? Are you really telling me teams didn't learn until last night that this Duke team will have trouble if you force them to shoot and protect the paint? I doubt it, I just think UCF, with 2 good interior defenders (one of which is 7'6 lol), was especially tough for Duke. Even so, they managed to have a good day from 3 (by their standards) which is why it stayed a close game despite Dawkins playing the game of his life on the other end. 

UCF was a terrible matchup for Duke. Johnny Dawkins was a player and long-time assistant at Duke so it was a more emotional game than most 2nd round matchups. UCF had the 14th best 2 point defense in the country this year and one of the highest block % at the rim. There's literally no way that you can prepare to play against someone like Fall, he's one of the biggest people on planet earth and excellent at using his size and length on the defensive end. UCF was also hot coming into the tournament as they had beaten 2 top 25 teams two weeks before the tournament started. 

Archived