2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

13 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Ouch, I don't like that play by Marisnick. Wonder if he gets suspended. 

I feel asleep and woke up it was in the 9th tied. i have to see it.

Angels got hosed on a call that resulted in a walk off..i'll take it. lol

This is your first half season reminder that Mike Trout is still the best. It's incredible that he has set his bar so high a 6 WAR first half is just old hat that we don't even hear much about it.

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We really take for granted how good he is.

My sister asked about the differences between the sports as far as far as marketing goes (NBA players can get huge shoe deals and what not) the other day. We were talking about everything and I rattled off a ton of basketball and football names that she knew but when I said Mike Trout, she said "who?" I said he is basically Mickey Mantle. I told her he should be the most famous American athlete for how friggin' good his is and she had no idea who he was despite following sports.

It's baffling that Mike Trout isn't a household name like Mickey Mantle or Barry Bonds were/are. Rob Manfred sucks.

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

This is your first half season reminder that Mike Trout is still the best. It's incredible that he has set his bar so high a 6 WAR first half is just old hat that we don't even hear much about it.

Playing half his games on west coast time doesnt help him much. Basically, the LAA and LAD games come on around 10-10:30 east coast time. Not a large swath of folks are watching baseball games at that time. 

Plus the LAA havent done squat (record/playoffs/world series-wise) since I cant tell you when.

I can tell you about the LAD because they've played in games of consequence.......

Seriously, what's the point of even having replay in MLB if they won't reverse obvious calls? They absolutely need to get an independent contractor to make these calls because this umpire brotherhood crap is a friggin' joke.