Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

On 4/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, rcon14 said:

Kahale fits right into what GB looks for and in the range GB has targeted TEs (round 3/4)

I'd take him over Sternberger in a heartbeat. He's a more explosive athlete.

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think it would be a solo fight.

#RoughandRowdy

The more I read about Jeff Smith, the more I like of the guy. Sure, he's not going to be a world beater necessarily, but I really think he'd be an important role player for our offense like a James White type of player.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:24 AM, rcon14 said:

Kahale fits right into what GB looks for and in the range GB has targeted TEs (round 3/4)

Physically yes.  Read a couple of reports that he is way behind as a football player.  Not that he can't catch up, but that you'd almost have to tell him what to do before the play.  Audibles would be incredibly challenging at this stage of his career.  Water Polo player at heart.

On Monday, Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said that the visits are important for medical evaluations and follow-ups from the NFL scouting combine, and then smiled a bit and said there’s another reason to have one:

“And then sometimes there's just some subterfuge thrown in there as well," he said.

The last bit made me wonder who the subterfuge players were. Who do you guys think they are?

Some have speculated that Drew Lock was a "subterfuge" visit. However, it also makes sense to me that we'd want to evaluate QBs all the time. First of all, they sometimes drop to you (like Aaron) and a little practice won't hurt for when you really need one.

4 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Physically yes.  Read a couple of reports that he is way behind as a football player.  Not that he can't catch up, but that you'd almost have to tell him what to do before the play.  Audibles would be incredibly challenging at this stage of his career.  Water Polo player at heart.

We're not doing audibles anymore. LaFleur calls a play and sometimes there's an option to 'can' it, as in we 'can' do another one. Seems like it's simplified, though.

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

Sternberger, Herbig, Jonah Williams. 

Little really stuck out to me. He has reportedly motivational issues and I just can't see the interest.. But I doubt we had questions on Williams. That's another. 

I can see real interest in Sternberger. That seems a good fit there.

6 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I think he's only been playing football for 3 years total, and he knew zero about it before he started (as in, he didn't even know how many players were on the field at one time).  He's one hell of an athlete though.  Has soft hands (doesn't body catch) and is a pretty good blocker, which is surprising since he's so new to the game.  I believe his Wonderlic score was only 15 though.  Either way, I hope the Packers grab him.

What do you think Gronk scored on the test? Bet it wasnt high. Can we stop using the wonderlic like it's more than something teams use to see if they need to interview and have a formal conversation with a guy they like? The average score for an NFL player is like 20, it's just football, guys. 

5 hours ago, Chili said:

The last bit made me wonder who the subterfuge players were. Who do you guys think they are?

Or saying some players were subterfuge could be the subterfuge :ph34r:

Really though, from what we saw last year it does sound like Gute is well versed in managing a draft day from a logistics/operations standpoint (C.F. grabbing Jaire and netting an extra 1st). Looking forward to this year. 

16 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

What do you think Gronk scored on the test? Bet it wasnt high. Can we stop using the wonderlic like it's more than something teams use to see if they need to interview and have a formal conversation with a guy they like? The average score for an NFL player is like 20, it's just football, guys. 

I didn't say they shouldn't consider him because of the Wonderlic score, I was simply pointing it out.  Obviously it has some merit otherwise they wouldn't do it at all, it's just a question of how much stock each team puts into it, which we don't really know.

Archived