Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

56 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

I know a majority of guys we draft don't visit but I am surprised we haven't had a visit with a safety yet.

Gute won't tip his hand there.  Don't want people to know that we're hot on Rapp.  Gute convinced Rapp to run a slow 40 after Rapp crushed the 3C.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, it was a lose-lose situation.  You either go back to Notre Dame with Brian Kelly or you end up in the dumpster known as Cleveland.  He was going to lose both ways.

Great, we ish-talk Brian Kelly and the dang Notre Dame Cathedral burns down.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

This is a very weak QB class. Lock is worth considering, but not in the 1st. The only reason we're talking Lock and Jones in the 1st is because they're QB's. Plain and simple...

I'll be interested to see how much Laf disagrees with mac on the Qbs. Interesting what different subtleties they like. If Laf is high on Boyle or if they feel like they really need competition for kizer.

I mean last year the Packers had top 30 visits with 7 people who were round 1 or 2 picks (Connor Williams, Vita Vea, Dante Pettis, Kolton Miller, Derwin James, Mike Hughes, and Tremaine Edmunds) and selected none of them.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to talk to Lock more about Emanuel Hall and Kendall Blanton than they wanted to talk about Drew Lock.

9 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean last year the Packers had top 30 visits with 7 people who were round 1 or 2 picks (Connor Williams, Vita Vea, Dante Pettis, Kolton Miller, Derwin James, Mike Hughes, and Tremaine Edmunds) and selected none of them.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to talk to Lock more about Emanuel Hall and Kendall Blanton than they wanted to talk about Drew Lock.

Oh I agree, I wouldnt be surprised to see one taken as high as the 3rd though pending Lafleurs thoughts on what we have behind Rodgers.

Pettis over Jackson would've been pretty sweet though. 

11 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Oh I agree, I wouldnt be surprised to see one taken as high as the 3rd though pending Lafleurs thoughts on what we have behind Rodgers.

Pettis over Jackson would've been pretty sweet though. 

I was hoping to draft Pettis as well, but was ok with the Jackson pick simply because he had a first round grade by so many and I thought he should've gone between picks 25-35. He went to us at 45.

7 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I get bringing in qbs, I don’t see us taking them. 

I feel like the draft nicks are Overhyping the class. It seems like there is always a qb “that has late one buzz” who goes round 4-5.

Totally agreed. This class is worse than the 2013 class. Murray will bust and bust VERY hard. Haskins will be overdrafted and, hopefully for his sake, plays behind someone his first year to adjust. I think he'll be a mediocre Alex Smith-esque QB at the next level.

Can't imagine QB being a pick anywhere in the first 4 rounds this year..... I know that AR12 is the same age that Brett was when we drafted him but I don't see the situations being simular.  Seems like Favre talked about nothing but retirement since 2004.  Green Bay needed to hedge their bets and was able to land what they viewed as the best QB in the draft, late in the draft.  

Archived