The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

this i agree with, and I think it goes back to Todd Downing, just beating it into Carr to live for the next down.
3rd and 7 (or similar) Carr is way to hapy to just check it down for 2 yards. It is so frustrating. 

But without having the game tape, its tough to say its Carr checking down / WRs not open / Or bad play calling.

Carr needs to get more aggresive IMO. We can do a lot worse than Carr, but we can do better. 
I trust Mayock. 

Agreed. Whatever he does, I'll roll with it.

• Like 1

I really hope we win next week. They have to win their last game in Oakland, especially against the jags.

I think Gruden was a lock fan last year. There were rumors of us thinking about taking him second round. I was cool with the Mullen pick, but you have to wonder if Gruden has some regrets. That's not a dig at Mullen, he's been one of our bright spots, but I'm sick of rookie QBs coming in and ballin out while Carr continues to play scared. 

3 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I really hope we win next week. They have to win their last game in Oakland, especially against the jags.

I think Gruden was a lock fan last year. There were rumors of us thinking about taking him second round. I was cool with the Mullen pick, but you have to wonder if Gruden has some regrets. That's not a dig at Mullen, he's been one of our bright spots, but I'm sick of rookie QBs coming in and ballin out while Carr continues to play scared. 

While Carr still hasn’t gone over 300yrd in a game yet all season 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

QB JUST FLAT OUT GAVE UP. This is equal to a defender not hustling on a tackle. 

Quite possibly Derek Carr last pass as a Raider

No way it's his last pass. He will play and start next week and rest of season and most likely next year to. I hate that play though. 

The throw away on 4th down hurt. I also read he hasn't had a single 300 yard game all season.

Sure we need a new WR or two but the fact he has an elite o-line, top 7 RB, top 3 TE and an up and coming FB... and we still continue to sputter on O is very troubling. Some of it will be Gruden, but we have him for another 8 years if you like it or not.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

No way it's his last pass. He will play and start next week and rest of season and most likely next year to. I hate that play though. 

We brought up Kizer for a reason but he may start another game but we'll see.

100% Carr doesn't start next season and won't be on the roster. Carr can be cut for virtually no penalty this off-season. Last year it was a significant cap hit. 

Would any player have confidence with the Raiders management and coaching staff if Carr is the unquestion starter going into 2020 again? That's a serious accountability issue.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 6:10 AM, big_palooka said:

It's actually not. Williams is a good #2. Renfro is going to be a heck of a slot. Zay Jones can play and is getting open but Carr flat doesn't look at him often. 

They lack a speed element to bring it together. It's not a bad unit, they can only do so much with a conservative QB who doesn't give them chances.

I saw something on twitter that said our WR have the 6th most separation yards. (Aka get the 6th most open of any WR group in the league) Echos Amari Cooper being near the top of the league in separation yards and still not getting the ball. 

• Like 1