The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And the Vikings and Titans will be quick outs in the playoffs, because QBs are often the difference in the playoffs. Some exception, but the consistently good teams (the ones who make the playoffs regualary) have a QB.

Yes the Titans and Vikings will make the playoffs, but they are the type team (ala last years Bears) that fall off the next year because QB play just isn't good enough to sustain them.

Yes Carr can get you to the playoffs. But can he do it year in and year out? No. They will be the Andy Dalton Bengals. Make it every couple years, do nothing and be back in the middle for awhile. That's the future with Carr. You will always want better.

as much as it pains me to say, Carr is starting to look like QB purgitory (sp?)

Good enough to win you some games, which keeps your draft position around 12-18, where you cant get a top end QB... youd like to improve, but its tough because of your draft spot. This year we do have the ammo, but, 2 firsts could add huge value to our team outside of QB as well haha.

--
on a different note, we have gone through like 10 HC, and a number of different rosters and we always are near the lead in penalties. When will this stop jesus. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think we sign Mariota and keep Carr. If Carr struggles, Mariota gets his shot.

Mariota is a disaster and Bottom 3-4 QB in the NFL. Carr is the 18-20 range for starters. Not an ideal situation what so ever. I don’t want Mariota anywhere close to this team. Coaching isn’t his problem. He’s a really a bad quarterback, always has been. 

38 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The Ravens and Chiefs didn't cut Flacco and Smith when they drafted new QBs. Throwing a rookie QB into Gruden's offense would be a disaster. If we go with a rookie he needs time to learn on the bench.

I will agree with you here. Our offense is difficult to understand in one training camp. But our rookie doesn’t need to be on the bench for a whole season. Maybe 6-7 games. Sign some kind of vet to a one year deal. We aren’t making the playoffs in 2020 anyways. 

Might as well trade Carr for a 2nd before the draft while we still can. 

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We just gave up 42 to the Titans, but yea, let’s focus on getting rid of Carr. 

He took a team to the playoffs with Jack Del Rio, and an OK defense, for those that say he needs everything perfect around him. Latavius Murray was his RB by the way, far from perfect. 

we laterally have guys off the street playing defense right now, a group of UDFA WRs, but let’s draft a QB....

35 points...

Our offense for the 3rd week in a row scored a td for the other team.

iirc the 3rd week in a row offense got shut out 2nd half

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And who is their leader? Who's the guy who plays like a conservative, soft, doesn't want to make a mistake loser when the team actually has a lead and chance to extend it?

So if he was playing with the passion that Tannehill is you'd be ok with him?  The reckless abandon of a guy knowing he has to play that way or he's a backup forever.  Can't worry about the next play or getting injured just sling it.

Honestly, I wish Carr would just let it loose one of these last few games just so we can all see the results. He would need to go in to the game saying, who cares how many turnovers I have today, just gonna let it rip.

It sounds great in theory, but I highly doubt Gruden wants Carr to play that way.

36 minutes ago, Geezy said:

He took a team to the playoffs with Jack Del Rio, and an OK defense, for those that say he needs everything perfect around him. Latavius Murray was his RB by the way, far from perfect. 

And since then what has he done? If you have to refer to how a guy played 3 years ago as justification as to why we shouldn't move on, it's time to move on... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, true2form said:

So if he was playing with the passion that Tannehill is you'd be ok with him?  The reckless abandon of a guy knowing he has to play that way or he's a backup forever.  Can't worry about the next play or getting injured just sling it.

Honestly, I wish Carr would just let it loose one of these last few games just so we can all see the results. He would need to go in to the game saying, who cares how many turnovers I have today, just gonna let it rip.

It sounds great in theory, but I highly doubt Gruden wants Carr to play that way.

He needs to make the plays when they are there. If WR's aren't getting open then make plays with your feet, he misses so many running lanes and open receivers he lacks vision period tired of seeing it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And since then what has he done? If you have to refer to how a guy played 3 years ago as justification as to why we shouldn't move on, it's time to move on... 

had a rough 2017 dealing with injuries, and had very little to work with in '18, has made strides in Gruden's offense in '19.

I’m about done with Carr but I’m not going to ditch him unless there is a viable replacement. People are citing tanehill which is fine but when the titans signed him they still had Mariota under contract. I don’t think that the Raiders can get a QB this year unless they love Borrow and trade the farm for him. I think Miami is all in on Tua and they’re going to take him no matter what. And there isn’t a first round QB otherwise. 

As for veterans

Mariota or Winston would be good choices. 

The panthers have said that they won’t let Cam go for anything less than a Kings ransom. 

I honestly can’t think of anyone else who could legitimately take Carrs job. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I’m about done with Carr but I’m not going to ditch him unless there is a viable replacement. People are citing tanehill which is fine but when the titans signed him they still had Mariota under contract. I don’t think that the Raiders can get a QB this year unless they love Borrow and trade the farm for him. I think Miami is all in on Tua and they’re going to take him no matter what. And there isn’t a first round QB otherwise. 

As for veterans

Mariota or Winston would be good choices. 

The panthers have said that they won’t let Cam go for anything less than a Kings ransom. 

I honestly can’t think of anyone else who could legitimately take Carrs job. 

Meh I don’t think it will be hard to match Carr production. His completion % is great but that’s cause he doesn’t take chances  with wrs imo. Other than completion % I don’t see anything special about Carr.

• Like 1