The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr= water gun

did you see the sf vs no game? 

two 2nd half stops vs a playoff team who’ve beat playoff teams goes a long way. Imagine if we scored on those 2 stops? Or even scored once in the 2nd half.

Sorry we don’t have the 85 bears defense 

We don’t have the ‘95 Bears defense

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 3

Carrs post game presser:

“Nobody cares about the situation. Nobody cares who is playing. Nobody cares who has been here, who has not been here,” Carr said. “Nobody cares. We didn’t win the football game and it is what it is.”

Third week in a row he’s babbled passive aggressive whining. Instantly got him booed. 

Talks like a female. Plays like a female.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

One thing Gruden said when Vic asked him about third quarter issues was the "It's easy to point out the adjustments," but then went on to say that they started on their 17 but drove to the TENN 39 until the drive stalled. He took some accountability for play calling, but he's not the one that took a sack when in field goal range or the one that missed a wide open receiver far beyond the sticks. Could that have been a subtle dig at Carr? Basically saying you can blame the coach for adjustments but have to look at execution as well. That's how I read it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's so safe and conservative it's disgusting. When he does let it loose, he's looked great. Scripted first quarter drives where he plays confident, looks great. Down one score (because you blew the lead playing safe) he looks great. 19 4th quarter comebacks doesn't happen by accident. It's when he plays with a nothing to lose mentality and isn't afraid to die trying that he's shined.  

100% agree and why I wanted him running fast paced/no huddle. Rip it or RIP...We still ran the ball as if Jacobs was in there.

Edit: Damn, a lot of pages since this morning. LOL

Edited by G

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I can relate but I believe Raider fans have some sort of PTSD regarding QBs.

We went from a history of a team who had some legitimate gaps of having a competent QB play. 

That "C" on jersey means a lot more inside the lockeroom. Comes with responsibilities.  Coaches and management can lose the lockeroom on this. Happens a lot in the NFL.

I remember and it's why I've got Carr's back. I remember a lot of horrible QB play...

Mack was a perfect example of Gruden losing the locker room last year...If these are high character guys the locker room will hold but have rumblings in dark corners.

15 minutes ago, G said:

100% agree and why I wanted him running fast paced/no huddle. Rip it or RIP...We still ran the ball as if Jacobs was in there.

Edit: Damn, a lot of pages since this morning. LOL

I wonder what would have happened if Jacobs played. I feel like he could have helped give us a spark in the 2nd half.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Deshaun Watson  (agreed but will break bank)

Russell Wilson (prefer before he got paid but maybe)

Patrick Mahomes (agreed but will break bank)

Jimmy Garoppolo (injury history concerns me)

Carson Wentz (injury history concerns me and just got paid)

Dak was 'a winner' but isn't lately so on par with Carr.

Darnold I haven't seen enough

Lamar I'd ride for his 5th year option and maybe franchise him once but the beating he'll take will be worse than Cam. I'd win but be looking to replace or trade for a ransom. 

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That's like saying StitchFix is a better company than AAPL.  Stitchfix is up 10 percent today and AAPL is down 1.4 percent...  

Hey Frankie look at biotech. I've been playing quite a few the past 2 months. BHC/TEVA have done the best for me. BHC usually retraces but you can see what it did and it use to follow within 4 bucks of TEVA on a parlay trade. Not anymore. LOL Just today to bio's got well over 100% premium on buyouts. Biotech might get beaten back down with election talking points so be nimble and quick but something to pay attention to.   =)

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr sucks bro. Just accept it. He's like a lesser version of Alex Smith. 

Alex did get helped out going to the Chiefs. Andy Reid knows how to help QBs succeed. Amazingly, he actually got Alex Smith to throw the ball deep, and not be so trigger shy. That's an accomplishment. Even with better talent around him, Alex's instincts changed. Still wasn't a top dog, but at least got to what I like to think of as "max potential". Carr would probably be helped out if he had Reid as his coach. Still, it shouldn't take a miracle worker to be able to play decent ball. Raiders fans are essentially going through the same odyssey that 49ers had to go through with Alex Smith for 8 years. Even when he went to the Chiefs, and played better, and Colin K regressed, I don't think we let some gem get away. Highly unlikely Carr transforms into some long term bawse man for someone else. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, true2form said:

And that's where we will have to disagree.  Everyone is falling hard for these young QBs and that's exactly how they play.  Everybody wants the next backyard QB to be our starter and it's clear as day.

Not me personally. I just want a competitor and someone who is a winner. The game is won in the pocket still. I don't need some crazy scrambles around the field, etc. Just a competitor who is smart and hungry. Carr is not that guy. I hate his body language when things go wrong. He doesn't demand excellence and leadership. He's just a guy, who plays QB.

13 hours ago, true2form said:

If we happen to fall into one, I have no problem with that.  I just want to win.  Everything that I've seen in my 30+ years as a fan says you build the team and replace the QB if he's still not getting the job done.  Anyone who says otherwise is doomed to failure.  It's happened time and time again. 

I can't think of many (if any) QBs that have recently been drafted to a crappy team and turned them into a playoff, let alone Super Bowl contender. Everyone always talks about the "elite" guys, but all of them come into a good, if not great situation.

Tom Brady - inherited a team that had been to the playoffs 3 of the 5 previous seasons including a Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers - 5 of 7 playoff seasons before him

Chiefs were division winners before Mahomes.  Ravens perennial playoff team before Jackson.  Texans multiple division titles before Watson. Steelers were in the playoffs for years before Big Ben.  

These are the teams that are competing for playoffs and championships year in and out.  Why go against the grain?

I agree. I think some are getting way to ahead of themselves and just want to throw Carr on the trash heap. There has to be a viable option to replace him. Though I think you can put several guys in Carr's spot and get the same average production.

Most these teams you mention - Packers, Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers are marquee franchises. Always competitive with winning cultures. And you look at team like the Texans and Chiefs . . . they grabbed their franchise QBs 10 and 12 in the draft. And both traded up to do it. They didn't go crazy. 

Not the same for the Raiders who have been losers since the 80's outside a few flash in the pan seasons. That's why they need an *** kicker at QB. They need a guy who can pull them out of the doldrums of mediocrity. Do I know who that guy is? No...but I'm turning over every stone to find out. I'm not committing to Carr who I know isn't it.

I agree though, the talent has been so bad for so long with them. And that seems to be turning (knock on wood) and Vegas should help revenue hopefully turn this franchise. But this is a QB league. You can build a nice roster around Carr and what will he ultimately do with it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not me personally. I just want a competitor and someone who is a winner. The game is won in the pocket still. I don't need some crazy scrambles around the field, etc. Just a competitor who is smart and hungry. Carr is not that guy. I hate his body language when things go wrong. He doesn't demand excellence and leadership. He's just a guy, who plays QB.

I agree. I think some are getting way to ahead of themselves and just want to throw Carr on the trash heap. There has to be a viable option to replace him. Though I think you can put several guys in Carr's spot and get the same average production.

Most these teams you mention - Packers, Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers are marquee franchises. Always competitive with winning cultures. And you look at team like the Texans and Chiefs . . . they grabbed their franchise QBs 10 and 12 in the draft. And both traded up to do it. They didn't go crazy. 

Not the same for the Raiders who have been losers since the 80's outside a few flash in the pan seasons. That's why they need an *** kicker at QB. They need a guy who can pull them out of the doldrums of mediocrity. Do I know who that guy is? No...but I'm turning over every stone to find out. I'm not committing to Carr who I know isn't it.

I agree though, the talent has been so bad for so long with them. And that seems to be turning (knock on wood) and Vegas should help revenue hopefully turn this franchise. But this is a QB league. You can build a nice roster around Carr and what will he ultimately do with it?

I keep hearing it’s a QB league but honestly  if you want to win a super bowl you need to have a cohesive team both players and coaches. We see it every year with the patriots, who have the best coaching in football and when the Eagles beat them they had a great offensive staff as well as a fantastic team. You look at them today the roster is much weaker and their coaching staff has been totally raided hence the 6-7 record. I think you can get to the playoffs with a great QB but if you have deficiencies elsewhere you’re going to get exposed. Peyton Manning who is probably one of the best QBs in the last 20 years only won one SB for the colts. It wasn’t until the Colts had a defense that they could actually overcome the Patriots who once again always had a full team. 

Why do I say all this, because if the Raiders where to get Peyton Manning in his prime and ignore the glaring holes at WR, LB, DE, CB and Safety this team still wouldn’t be winning a Super Bowl. 

Carr has been a problem but making a lateral move doesn’t improve things.