The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

26 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Carr’s probably not a QB, to put a team on his back. He’s not Rodgers or Wilson, but there’s literally 3-4 guys in the league like that. We went what 12 years between Gannon to Carr? Andrew Walter, Marques Tuiasosoppo, Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Jamarcus Russell etc..We can do a lot worse at QB. If you want to make a move at QB, ok, I get it. But, what’s the plan? 

And we can do a lot better.

Revisiting the Raiders terrible stretch of QBs is redundant if you 1) believe Mayock to be a great talent evaluator and 2) Gruden to be a great offensive coach

The organization has an identity for the first time since Gruden was shipped to Tampa. So everything in that stretch, the musical chairs at QB, the terrible drafts, etc. should be left in a storage locker in Oakland when they move. 

I HATE loser mindsets... because Carr is the best since Gannon we should just be okay with it? Be okay with mediocre? Average? That's loser talk. That's the talk of a franchise who will suck for another decade IMO. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And we can do a lot better.

Revisiting the Raiders terrible stretch of QBs is redundant if you 1) believe Mayock to be a great talent evaluator and 2) Gruden to be a great offensive coach

The organization has an identity for the first time since Gruden was shipped to Tampa. So everything in that stretch, the musical chairs at QB, the terrible drafts, etc. should be left in a storage locker in Oakland when they move. 

I HATE loser mindsets... because Carr is the best since Gannon we should just be okay with it? Be okay with mediocre? Average? That's loser talk. That's the talk of a franchise who will suck for another decade IMO. 

You hate loser talk and I hate whining with no solutions. 

Carr won in '16 with a good roster, so lets build a good roster, were not that far off offensively, and i think we only need to get to average like we were in '16 defensively, to make a push. If not show me how we are going to acquire our QBOTF. I dont want to hear sign a stop gap or take a flier in the 3rd round and pray for Russell Wilson. 

On 12/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, oakdb36 said:

I can't answer any of your questions and how accurate it is. Anyway, you can still take into account how our numbers compare to the rest of the league calculated by the same system.

Yes, but what can you really compare?

from #1 to #15 the difference is .333yds, that’s 1 ft / 12 inches.

The Rams and Bears run very different schemes which had an immense effect on that minuscule 12” difference.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Going to call people clows for disagreeing with you? You must be fun at parties... Regardless, you're just a Fresno homer, so your opinion is basically meaningless in this argument. 

And you're also ignoring Carr has arguably the best Oline in the league. A soon to be probowl TE and RB. But you know, let's just blame the WRs who are not as bad as some try to paint them to be and that's been proven.

It’s is bad. Remember when Glennon came into the game, that was scary bad. We should let Kiser start a game to show how bad it is. Change the QB for the sake of it makes no sense if you don’t improve the roster. We losing we need to change QBs, what are we some 4th graders waiting in line for lunch talking football 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

All QBs right now in the 13-25 range are “decent” QBs. Really not hard to find a “decent” one which Carr is. Although, the lower end of decent. Just because Al Davis is a stubborn moron shouldn’t impair your decision to move on. That’s a scared type of mindset. Just like Carr has. 

Put some respect on Al’s name

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Put some respect on Al’s name

1960-Early 2000’s Al Davis is a football GOAT who I mad respect. Final 7-8 years though he was super senile and mind completely gone. Our QB woes were completely on him. Which is why i’m telling people don’t have a “scared” mindset. Plenty easy to land a decent QB like Carr. Hard to land a Top 10 QB, yes.