Jump to content
Jerry

The Official Derek Carr Thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Justwinning said:

You literally enjoy taking time out of your day just to throw shade at people don’t you 

Every one of his posts reads like a red neck screaming in a town hall meeting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Every one of his posts reads like a red neck screaming in a town hall meeting 

You guys just hate bc you know I'm right and I have zero tolerance for nonsense and incompetence.  

Everyone knows @big_palooka spews mostly nonsense on here :D and everyone of you would miss me if decided to never post on here again LOL

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where I see QBs currently:

GOAT Status - Brady, Brees, Rodgers

MVP Status - Mahomes, Watson, Wilson

Up and Comers - Jackson, Wentz, Prescott, Murray

Steady Performers - Stafford, Ryan, Carr, Cousins, Garappolo, Brissett, Goff, Dalton

50/50's - Darnold, Jones, Mayfield, J.Allen

Backups posing as starters - K.Allen, Foles, Mariota, WInston, 

Last legs - Rivers, Flacco,  Manning, Newton, Roesthlisberger 

Carr is a middle of the pack QB in that list of guys you can win with when all the pieces are in place. Steady, can make the throws but not going to wow you with "it" factor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You guys just hate bc you know I'm right and I have zero tolerance for nonsense and incompetence.  

Everyone knows @big_palooka spews mostly nonsense on here :D and everyone of you would miss me if decided to never post on here again LOL

Just because you say you're right all the time doesn't make you right, it makes arrogant and narcissistic. You should practice some humility. 

Anyway... back to football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You guys just hate bc you know I'm right and I have zero tolerance for nonsense and incompetence.  

Everyone knows @big_palooka spews mostly nonsense on here :D and everyone of you would miss me if decided to never post on here again LOL

Well your right because the moment a big specimen of a WR is on the radar I think of tagging you 🤣. In all honesty man you come off kinda smug I can appreciate the passion but damn 

Edited by SimonGruber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What more need to be said than this?  Either he doesn't even understand the question or he can't comprehend what a building block QB is.  That fact that you listed 42 year old Tom Brady over Carr clearly shows a lack of comprehension.  

I won't even address some of the other average at best Qb's or the one with less than 1 year of NFL experience.  Clearly not worth my time....

I don’t think any team that has those players would trade them for Derek Carr. He’s nowhere near close to elite. He’s above average if everything is in his favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Well your right because the moment a big specimen of a WR is on the radar I think of tagging you 🤣. In all honesty man you come off kinda smug I can appreciate the passion but damn 

Haha I am passionate and this is the Raiders forum.  Raiders win at all cost and take no prisoners!  Everyone loves to hate the bad guy too  B|

I shutter at the thought but if I was a 9er fan on their forum I would be spreading love and joy and handing out snowflake participation trophies even when fans were completely wrong. 

I work around a bunch of 9ers fans and I love calling them out on their Jimmy G homerism.  What really gets them going is when I bash the all mighty Kap.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 7:25 AM, big_palooka said:

This has been my question for the last year. Can he win in the playoffs. And that will need to answer itself in time I guess.

But right now, I have my doubts of his ability to go toe to toe with a playmaking QBs in the playoffs and out dual him. If he's playing not to lose on 3rd downs in the playoffs...robotic and conservative then it won't work unless everything else is perfect. So hopefully he continues to progress as a playmaker when it's needed. 

It's odd how game on the line, he has to make plays to win he's rises up typically. But in game stretches when he can put teams away he plays conservatively. We need more of the former early in games if we want to take the next step towards dominating certain opponents.

Exactly what i been saying why games are always so close needs that killer instinct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Where I see QBs currently:

GOAT Status - Brady, Brees, Rodgers

MVP Status - Mahomes, Watson, Wilson

Up and Comers - Jackson, Wentz, Prescott, Murray

Steady Performers - Stafford, Ryan, Carr, Cousins, Garappolo, Brissett, Goff, Dalton

50/50's - Darnold, Jones, Mayfield, J.Allen

Backups posing as starters - K.Allen, Foles, Mariota, WInston, 

Last legs - Rivers, Flacco,  Manning, Newton, Roesthlisberger 

Carr is a middle of the pack QB in that list of guys you can win with when all the pieces are in place. Steady, can make the throws but not going to wow you with "it" factor

 Up and Comers - Jackson, Wentz, Prescott, Murray should be below steady performers.

 there is no way you can say with certainty that Jackson and Murray will be in the NFL in 10 years.

Dax is overrated and Wentz is injury prone

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

 Up and Comers - Jackson, Wentz, Prescott, Murray should be below steady performers.

 there is no way you can say with certainty that Jackson and Murray will be in the NFL in 10 years.

Dax is overrated and Wentz is injury prone

 

There is no way you can say that about any player. 10 years is a long time. 

I'd take those 4 guys if I was building a franchise because of their play making ability. Sure, they could plateau but I'd take my chances because they show some serious difference making ability.

Wentz you're right, has some injuries history but he's a gamer.

It's so cliché to call Dak overrated at this point. People have been doing it for 2 years and he's out here playing at a near MVP level this season. He's far from overrated. He's got an it factor to him. He could flatline, but everything I've seen from him is arrow pointing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha I am passionate and this is the Raiders forum.  Raiders win at all cost and take no prisoners!  Everyone loves to hate the bad guy too  B|

I shutter at the thought but if I was a 9er fan on their forum I would be spreading love and joy and handing out snowflake participation trophies even when fans were completely wrong. 

I work around a bunch of 9ers fans and I love calling them out on their Jimmy G homerism.  What really gets them going is when I bash the all mighty Kap.  LOL

Well you know I’m lock step with you on the niner stuff I work with Niners fans in particular obnoxious ones make me wanna vomit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There is no way you can say that about any player. 10 years is a long time. 

I'd take those 4 guys if I was building a franchise because of their play making ability. Sure, they could plateau but I'd take my chances because they show some serious difference making ability.

Wentz you're right, has some injuries history but he's a gamer.

It's so cliché to call Dak overrated at this point. People have been doing it for 2 years and he's out here playing at a near MVP level this season. He's far from overrated. He's got an it factor to him. He could flatline, but everything I've seen from him is arrow pointing up.

 You talk about Carr needing an elite Oline but Dak has one  of the most talented teams in the NFL and they are under performing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, NYRaider said:

Carr has been above average this season, not great, and has had an elite running game and arguably the best OL in the league to lean on. Carr's issue has always been that he doesn't play well when he's getting hit and pressured. When we can keep him upright he's an above-average quarterback as we're seeing again this year. You're acting like Carr is Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes and we were all just complete idiots for not blindly following him when he has won like 10 games the previous 2 seasons. 

Same issue as about 98% of all QBs I've ever seen. Watch the Superbowls that the great Tom Brady has been on the losing side in, one thing the D does is pressure him and he's the consensus best there's ever been.........take the flavour of the month Desaean Watson and watch the Ravens pressure and hit him and make him look hesitant and clueless. Aaron Rodgers against the Chargers, Rivers against us and so on.......

Honestly the only guys I've seen that can thrive under pressure regularly are Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cunningham and Steve Young (there may be one or two more that I forget like Doug Flutie) and I've been watching since the 80s. I don't think anyone , anywhere on this board is saying Carr is elite or doesn't have some issues, all QBs do. If we can protect him well and provide some semblance of targets he plays well. It would be similar with most good QBs. In fact he's playing well despite having probably the worst WR core in the NFL. 

No one is going to the extreme in defending Carr that I can see and no-one has said that he has great pocket awareness or footwork and most agree he should run more and try and extend plays, hyperbole only seems to be used when trying to criticise him, if he plays well it's all on the other 10 and supreme protection, if he plays poorly it's all Carr seems to be the de facto take. One of the reasons the stats for the OL look so good is that the gameplan (Gruden and Olsen take a bow) and Carr are getting the ball out quick and staying ahead of the chains giving us good 3rd down opportunities. Just like 2016.

Plenty worse QBs than Carr have competed in or won a Superbowl but no teams of the 2019 Raiders standard have.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

 You talk about Carr needing an elite Oline but Dak has one  of the most talented teams in the NFL and they are under performing.

I was going to post something similar but you beat me to it.

If anyone compares closely with Carr it really is Prescott. Top Olines, around the same time in his career peaking to MVP form. Prior to that, heavily questioned as a "franchise" QB. Their story arc seems very similar. 

 

As to Darbsk above, I'd reiterate that. Some QBs are just killer at exploiting defenses. Those guys are hall of famers. When it comes to playoffs, being in the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs: very rarely if ever does any QB regardless of their elitehood do well without a strong team around them. You can pressure any QB into looking average. And all long term winning QBs play on teams that support what they do to a tremendous degree. So it makes little sense to say Carr needs all these things around him to succeed when it's clear any QB does. I've rarely if ever seen Carr look like a dumpster fire, but I can sure say the support around him has been dumpster quality in many ways, many many times. Whether it's a historically bad defense, impotent running games, WR corps all other teams would be embarassed with, TE units filled with absolute nobodies, and even at times a once great line that suddenly cratered in the quality of it's play. Changing systems, unqualified coordinators and head coaches.. Really, the guy has done alot with very little if you look back on his time here. Now When he actually has a half decent roster around him, people turn around and say he's average because he needs all this to succeed. It's horsecrap. This roster isn't even that good and he's outperforming it's quality. Maybe start thinking not about what the QB does or doesn't need, but how much they do or do not outperform the quality of their situation / roster / coaches. Where are the PFF stats for that?

I admit I was completely down on Carr early season. He just looked awful, like he hit a permanent wall, overthrowing nothing. Since then he has been excellent by and large. But I will never be able to go so far and say the guy is an average or bad player. He's done alot with very little in his time here. Not unlike David Carr to be honest. And he's put some much better play on tape than his brother at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, holyghost said:

I was going to post something similar but you beat me to it.

If anyone compares closely with Carr it really is Prescott. Top Olines, around the same time in his career peaking to MVP form. Prior to that, heavily questioned as a "franchise" QB. Their story arc seems very similar. 

 

As to Darbsk above, I'd reiterate that. Some QBs are just killer at exploiting defenses. Those guys are hall of famers. When it comes to playoffs, being in the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs: very rarely if ever does any QB regardless of their elitehood do well without a strong team around them. You can pressure any QB into looking average. And all long term winning QBs play on teams that support what they do to a tremendous degree. So it makes little sense to say Carr needs all these things around him to succeed when it's clear any QB does. I've rarely if ever seen Carr look like a dumpster fire, but I can sure say the support around him has been dumpster quality in many ways, many many times. Whether it's a historically bad defense, impotent running games, WR corps all other teams would be embarassed with, TE units filled with absolute nobodies, and even at times a once great line that suddenly cratered in the quality of it's play. Changing systems, unqualified coordinators and head coaches.. Really, the guy has done alot with very little if you look back on his time here. Now When he actually has a half decent roster around him, people turn around and say he's average because he needs all this to succeed. It's horsecrap. This roster isn't even that good and he's outperforming it's quality. Maybe start thinking not about what the QB does or doesn't need, but how much they do or do not outperform the quality of their situation / roster / coaches. Where are the PFF stats for that?

I admit I was completely down on Carr early season. He just looked awful, like he hit a permanent wall, overthrowing nothing. Since then he has been excellent by and large. But I will never be able to go so far and say the guy is an average or bad player. He's done alot with very little in his time here. Not unlike David Carr to be honest. And he's put some much better play on tape than his brother at times. 

Everyone was down on Carr at the beginning of the season the man played poorly but he improved week to week and now he’s doing great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×