Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles

.Buzz

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This going back and forth is hilarious. It's a freaking conditional 6th! There are no negatives for the Eagles here. 

Howard has put up similar numbers to Latavious Murray. Howard was a 5th Round Pick (I think) and Murray is a 6th. 

You can get a back in the 5th on a rookie contract who can do everything Howard can do. Some of you highly underestimate the draft. Especially Late Round RBs. 

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Howard has put up similar numbers to Latavious Murray. Howard was a 5th Round Pick (I think) and Murray is a 6th. 

You can get a back in the 5th on a rookie contract who can do everything Howard can do. Some of you highly underestimate the draft. Especially Late Round RBs. 

False

Can you name me the other two RB that have put up Howard's numbers in his first 3 years? Hint both are 1st rd picks. If you need another, You can also find the answer on page 3.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

False

Can you name me the other two RB that have put up Howard's numbers in his first 3 years? Hint both are 1st rd picks. If you need another, You can also find the answer on page 3.

Howards numbers? He has averaged 4.1 and 4.0 ypc the past two years which is something you can find in the 5th round easily, 4.0 sucks. You look at the average, not the total. Totals don’t mean anything. Howard also lacks in the receiving department. 

I think Howard will do just fine for you, just saying you can find a similar option for cheaper in the 5th Round. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Howards numbers? He has averaged 4.1 and 4.0 ypc the past two years which is something you can find in the 5th round easily, 4.0 sucks. You look at the average, not the total. Totals don’t mean anything. Howard also lacks in the receiving department. 

I think Howard will do just fine for you, just saying you can find a similar option for cheaper in the 5th Round. 

I dont get caught up in YPC. It's like suggesting Le'Veon Bell sucked in 2017 because of his 4.0 ypc? Never mind the 1900 total yds and 11TD?

Same with Howard

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yes, runningbacks that go for 24 TDs and 3300+ yards at 4.2 YPC in their first three seasons grow on trees in the 5th round...

Yeah, you could get a good running back in the late rounds. You also could get an elite receiver (AB), elite QB (Brady, Warner), or good-to-great offensive linemen (Brown, Andrews, Norwell, Mason, Villanueva, Saturday). Doesn’t mean it’ll happen. 

The hits do not mitigate the vast amount of misses. For every late round success story, there are dozens and dozens of failures. A future 6th is about as close to worthless as you can get, and you’re trying to convince people that it’s not that good of a deal for a young, productive player. 

Nobody is in here trying to say Howard is an elite running back. But for a conditional 6th? It’s a steal. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yes, runningbacks that go for 24 TDs and 3300+ yards at 4.2 YPC in their first three seasons grow on trees in the 5th round...

Yeah, you could get a good running back in the late rounds. You also could get an elite receiver (AB), elite QB (Brady, Warner), or good-to-great offensive linemen (Brown, Andrews, Norwell, Mason, Villanueva, Saturday). Doesn’t mean it’ll happen. 

The hits do not mitigate the vast amount of misses. For every late round success story, there are dozens and dozens of failures. A future 6th is about as close to worthless as you can get, and you’re trying to convince people that it’s not that good of a deal for a young, productive player. 

Nobody is in here trying to say Howard is an elite running back. But for a conditional 6th? It’s a steal. 

Please don’t use QBs ans WRs as a comparison. Backs that average 4.0 can always be found in the 4th-6th EVERY YEAR. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Please don’t use QBs ans WRs as a comparison. Backs that average 4.0 can always be found in the 4th-6th EVERY YEAR. 

Your obsession with that YPC stat is comical. Not a single RB in the past 3 drafts in those rds has put up Jordan Howard's "Overall Numbers" (only stat that truly matters) the past 3 years. Not one!

Only Gurley and Elliott have, that's it. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The hits do not mitigate the vast amount of misses. For every late round success story, there are dozens and dozens of failures. 

Let me guess: you find nothing wrong with arbitrarily looking at YPC (and the magic number of 4.0, to boot) as the only relevant statistic when it comes to dealing with running backs? Damn the schemes, skill sets, the coaching, the rushing totals, and the touchdowns - only YPC matters! 

Aaron Jones>Gus Edwards>Saquon Barkley, confirmed.

Archived