Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles

.Buzz

45 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

giphy.gif

Yes under Nagy, he's been a square peg in a round hole, but all of the other stats are simply because he's not a factor in the pass catching game. Stats that shouldn't be surprising to anyone. 

I'll give you the 3.7 YPC, but I absolutely see him rebounding on the Eagles to 4.2-4.3. Especially with the weapons we have to spread the field. DeSean, Alshon, Nelly, Ertz, Goedert. Compared with Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel and Trey Burton

1 hour ago, pigsooie5 said:

Bears averaged 4.78 yards per play in the five most frecuently used lineups in which Howard was used 

In the five most frecuently used lineups in which Howard was not used, they averaged 6.8 yards per play

Even more telling was in passing game, when they averaged 7 yards per pass play without Howard and 4.92 with him 

He is what he is, a 3.7 ypc RB.

I’m not disagreeing that Howard wasn’t a fit for Nagy and the Bears, but that yards/play thing can be misleading. 

Assuming Howard was more of an early down runner - compared to when he’s not on the field and the offense is likely in more of a passing situation - it makes sense for the 2-down back to have less yards per play. Same sort of thing with a guy who is a traditional goal line/short yardage RB or a slot receiver having less air yards per play than a deep threat. It’s logical that the power runner (on a team that isn’t a power running offense) is going to have less yards per play.

6 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

Anyone got some stats on how often he faced loaded boxes due to the Bears lack of a fearful passing game over the last few years?

2 years ago he faced a ton of 8 and 9 man fronts.  Last year, he probably never saw so many 7 man boxes in his career.  On several occasions last year, the Bears put Tiquan Mizzell on the field, rather than Jordan Howard.  He just did not work for us last year.  His rookie year his ypc was 5.2.  Since then its 2.9 and declining every year.

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:
3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Howard is having a an Alfred Morris like career projection, rapidly dropping production.

He's had one bad year. Chicago got fleeced.

What's even funnier is that a down year for Howard is 1000 yds from scrimmage and 9TD.

Despite the fact "he didn't fit"!! Going to be fun seeing if Pederson is smart enough to make him fit in a offense? Motivated In a contract year to boot? 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What's even funnier is that a down year for Howard is 1000 yds from scrimmage and 9TD.

Despite the fact "he didn't fit"!! Going to be fun seeing if Pederson is smart enough to make him fit in a offense? Motivated In a contract year to boot? 

I rewatched the superbowl vs the Pat's, the eagles run outside zone,  apparently that is what he specializes in. I agree the trade favors the eagles.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Why though? Power backs can have the shortest of life spans.

He's still young and doesn't have a lot of mileage as some other powerbacks do i believe. Even if he's only good for Philly for like 3 years, this still comes out as a major steal for them.

26 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's still young and doesn't have a lot of mileage as some other powerbacks do i believe. Even if he's only good for Philly for like 3 years, this still comes out as a major steal for them.

I totally agree, it is a great trade. 

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

My guess is Howard only plays for the Eagles in 2019.

Howie Roseman appears to just be renting a collection of cheap RB’s for 1 or 2 years then repeating the cycle 

11 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Bears fans just salty in here it's obvious lol. Really trying to justify that 2020 6th for a quality back in Howard.

Define quality?  His ypc has declined every year, last year he had the benefit of facing 6 and 7 man boxes and it was the worst year of his career.  I wish Jordan well, and I hope he earns us a 5th.  Doesnt change the fact that he is rapidly declining and seems to have already been maxed out.  The fact that in critical situations all year long the team preferred to put Tiquan Mizzell in rather than Howard should speak volumes.

Archived