Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles

.Buzz

22 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Define quality?  His ypc has declined every year, last year he had the benefit of facing 6 and 7 man boxes and it was the worst year of his career.  I wish Jordan well, and I hope he earns us a 5th.  Doesnt change the fact that he is rapidly declining and seems to have already been maxed out.  The fact that in critical situations all year long the team preferred to put Tiquan Mizzell in rather than Howard should speak volumes.

A rapidly declining 24 year old player is an oxymoron. It goes much deeper than the general ypc regression. That's a very juvenile and rudimentary way of looking at things.  He's good at inside zone concepts, and we block inside zone better than any team in the league by a considerable margin. It's just a better match here. I'm not going to put much stock into what the bears did with him. Their decision-making track record doesn't merit my attention.

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

A rapidly declining 24 year old player is an oxymoron. It goes much deeper than the general ypc regression. That's a very juvenile and rudimentary way of looking at things.  He's good at inside zone concepts, and we block inside zone better than any team in the league by a considerable margin. It's just a better match here. I'm not going to put much stock into what the bears did with him. Their decision-making track record doesn't merit my attention.

I'd be really curious to know what data is driving this "best by a considerable margin" claim. 

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Actually hes at his best running outside zone.  That's 2 different offenses the decline has happened in, one of which was built to run thru him.  And yeah, the reigning coach of the year has no idea what to do with this "stud" running back with 3 probowlers on the offensive line, even tho he coordinated an offense with the #1 rusher in the league.  I'm sure that's it.  And what track record are you talking about, b/c this staff has been EXCELLENT at self scouting considering every player they have extended has been LIGHTS OUT after the extension.

13 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Bears fans just salty in here it's obvious lol. Really trying to justify that 2020 6th for a quality back in Howard.

Not really. Judging from the Bears fans on the forum here, anyway. A bunch disliked him even before last season. Don't ask me why. The Eagles got a really good player at a really cheap price. 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Actually hes at his best running outside zone.  That's 2 different offenses the decline has happened in, one of which was built to run thru him.  And yeah, the reigning coach of the year has no idea what to do with this "stud" running back with 3 probowlers on the offensive line, even tho he coordinated an offense with the #1 rusher in the league.  I'm sure that's it.  And what track record are you talking about, b/c this staff has been EXCELLENT at self scouting considering every player they have extended has been LIGHTS OUT after the extension.

Actually he’s the best running behind the center and averages 6 yards per carry behind the center. Eagles run that behind the BEST run blocking center in the league and we do that 43% of the time. Bears only do it 13%. It’s all about strengths and weaknesses, look at David johnson when he was used badly.

Let's put this in perspective. 

The Eagles top 2 RB Adams/Smallwood from last season due to injury combined for 1163 total yds 8TD. 

Howard who is supposedly on a downward spiral and nothing but a shell of his former self 3 years into his career had 83 less yds and 1 more TD 1080/9TD in a offense/scheme he clearly didn't fit.

If Pederson can some how find a Role for Jay Ajayi , Legarrette Blount and Josh Adam's, surely he will have no issues doing the same for Jordan Howard. 

No one to my knowledge (especially Eagle fans) is or has suggested he'll lead the league in Rushing or put up insane RB numbers as a Eagle. However I'd be willing to bet (if healthy 16 gms) they will be better then last years numbers with Chicago though.

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The Eagles top 2 RB Adams/Smallwood from last season due to injury combined for 1163 total yds 8TD. 

Howard who is supposedly on a downward spiral and nothing but a shell of his former self 3 years into his career had 83 less yds and 1 more TD 1080/9TD in a offense/scheme he clearly didn't fit.

If Pederson can some how find a Role for Jay Ajayi , Legarrette Blount and Josh Adam's, surely he will have no issues doing the same for Jordan Howard. 

No one to my knowledge (especially Eagle fans) is or has suggested he'll lead the league in Rushing or put up insane RB numbers as a Eagle. However I'd be willing to bet (if healthy 16 gms) they will be better then last years numbers with Chicago though.

That's why you're my favorite poster. Boom drop the keyboard on the way out lol.

No one can say anything negative about this it's a conditional 6th like c'mon people

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

6th in carries, 14th in yards. 

I'm certainly not saying he sucks.  But the Eagle's are not getting Jordan Howard of even 2 years ago.  You might want to check bleedinggreennation, they did an excellent write up on it.

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

6th in carries, 14th in yards. 

I'm certainly not saying he sucks.  But the Eagle's are not getting Jordan Howard of even 2 years ago.  You might want to check bleedinggreennation, they did an excellent write up on it.

Perhaps it's a coincidence that he only struggled significantly when Nagy was his coach for 1 year? 🤔

On 3/30/2019 at 12:39 PM, Heinz D. said:

Not really. Judging from the Bears fans on the forum here, anyway. A bunch disliked him even before last season. Don't ask me why. The Eagles got a really good player at a really cheap price. 

Dislike him? For a while, he was the only bright spot they had on offense outside of Alshon, doesn't make a bit of sense.

Archived