Haden released

CleBrowns07

1 minute ago, BwickRedux said:

What is the protocol on handling a released player who knows all your defensive secrets and game plan (since the Browns started planning this week for Pit) when he may potentially wind up with your week 1 opponent? Is there any or are the Browns screwed into not having the element of surprise? 

Good question.  There's no protocol that I'm aware of.  It's possible it played a part in him being released now.  Get him out of the building before the detailed game plan for Pittsburgh gets put in place.

There's a real chance Haden ends up in Pittsburgh.

But I would also like to point out a couple things...

1. Classy move by the Browns, we probably could have gotten a late round pick for him...but cutting him gives him a nice accelerated pay day, Allows him to pick the team he wants to go too AND allows him to get started on that before the MASSIVE cut down day this weekend.

And

2. This time of year last year....all we were hearing about was how this front office wouldnt work, and this isnt money ball...yadda yadda yadda....on GMFB on NFL network this morning, I heard that analysts praising the Browns front office as "Having made the right moves since taking over"........could the national opinion  be changing enough not to have  every move we make second guessed as "Oh that's just the Browns being the Browns"????????

People can hate on the nerds all they want, I'm all in and have been since day 1 with this group.

I think the national media has to see the solid moves they've made and before long they should be at least given a chance to let a decision play out before being ridiculed for it.

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

But I would also like to point out a couple things...

1. Classy move by the Browns, we probably could have gotten a late round pick for him...but cutting him gives him a nice accelerated pay day, Allows him to pick the team he wants to go too AND allows him to get started on that before the MASSIVE cut down day this weekend.

And

2. This time of year last year....all we were hearing about was how this front office wouldnt work, and this isnt money ball...yadda yadda yadda....on GMFB on NFL network this morning, I heard that analysts praising the Browns front office as "Having made the right moves since taking over"........could the national opinion  be changing enough not to have  every move we make second guessed as "Oh that's just the Browns being the Browns"????????

1. Yes, I agree.  Although it also could be we wanted him gone before the detailed game plan for the Steelers got installed...

2. As many of us have said hundreds of times, only when we start winning more games than we lose.

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

1. Yes, I agree.  Although it also could be we wanted him gone before the detailed game plan for the Steelers got installed...

2. As many of us have said hundreds of times, only when we start winning more games than we lose.

Touche' my Friend

2b88ef53ddf8da83815e38446a2ca498.png

xD

Well this sucks and will certainly come back to bite us, especially if he signs with the Steelers.

Regarding the conspiracy theories that the Steelers will sign him to steal gameplay secrets and strategy, come in now.  We are not there yet.    That would be like ford motor company trying to steal trade secrets from the huffy bicycle company because they are worried about huffy beating them.

16 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Well this sucks and will certainly come back to bite us, especially if he signs with the Steelers.

Regarding the conspiracy theories that the Steelers will sign him to steal gameplay secrets and strategy, come in now.  We are not there yet.    That would be like ford motor company trying to steal trade secrets from the huffy bicycle company because they are worried about huffy beating them.

Who said anything about a "conspiracy"? The point being made by everyone is that if he signs with Pittsburgh, who is in need of a cornerback, they'll also have access to someone who has detailed knowledge of our team. Pretty cut and dry I'd say.

20 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

Who said anything about a "conspiracy"? The point being made by everyone is that if he signs with Pittsburgh, who is in need of a cornerback, they'll also have access to someone who has detailed knowledge of our team. Pretty cut and dry I'd say.

I'm a die hard browns fan... ask anyone here. It pains me to say this but Pit doesn't need detailed knowledge of our team to beat us. :(

That being said, I wish Haden all the luck in the world. Hopefully he gets signed to the Patriots or Gbay. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived