Should the Seahawks trade Russell Wilson?

vike daddy

8 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

I’d enjoy the drama in such a trade. 

Maybe him and Ciara could go to New York together. She would get all kinds of public venues and they could be reunited with Golden Tate. 

The same Golden Tate who banged his ex wife causing a divorce? Not sure that’ll end well. 

13 hours ago, showtime said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/russell-wilson-9885/

According to that, he doesn't have a no trade clause, unless I mis-read it. 

I'm not entirely sure what's going on.  I posted an article in the Seahawks forum a few weeks ago that said Wilson could be the NFL's first $40+ million per year player.  I'm not sure why the Seahawks haven't signed him yet.  In the past, Wilson has given every indication he wants to re-sign and stay in Seattle for life.  Maybe the team feels he's not worth it?  I'm not sure why they would feel that way, though.

If they did trade him, I wouldn't want to it to be to a New York team.  I would want someone like Baker Mayfield in return.  I'm not even sure how I feel about Sam Darnold, to be honest.  The Giants just don't have anyone to trade the Seahawks, IMO.

I guess Wilson could say that he won't re-sign with any team outside of a New York team and that would kind of force the Seahawks hand to trade him there.

It’s because if you are going to pay a player 35M you have to be perfect on every draft. One draft that’s below average and your team is done. Seattle isn’t the same team they were before they paid Russell. 2012-2014 Seahawks obviously are much better than their 2015-2019 counterparts. 

I can't see it - Franchise QBs just don't get traded. The likes of Brady, Rodgers, Eli, Ben, Rivers, Newton, Stafford, Ryan, Luck get wrapped up very tightly. The only guys who become available are the likes of Cousins in that 15-20 range.

Also £40 million out of £190 million still isn't that much for how valuable the QB position is, especially now non-QBs are earning £20+ million a year.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I can't imagine Russ and his agent peacing out at midnight tonight if a deal isn't completely done and agreed to like "we told you you had until the 15th! No more! That's it!". If they are working hard towards a deal and have been for the past few days, unless there are some big terms they will never come to an agreement on, he is getting resigned.

This all seems similar to the Brees situation this offseason. He might leave!... but he won't.

Imagine a three way trade scenario between Giants/Seahawks/Jets:

Giants get: Russell Wilson

Seahawks get: #3, #6, Giants 2020 conditional 2nd (maybe more?)

Jets get: #17, #21, #37

I know it's insanely far-fetched but that would definitely be interesting...

Archived