Should the Seahawks trade Russell Wilson?

vike daddy

Just now, showtime said:

If the Seahawks did trade Wilson, would it have to be to a New York team or could it be anywhere?  If anywhere, then they should at least get a good QB in return.

Depends on his contract and if there is no trade clause. He could waive it if there is a trade to a team he approves of. Otherwise, he has no say. 

The real question for the Seahawks though is, if they don't want to resign him to big money, is having him for 2019 + 3rd round 2021 comp pick better than a huge trade haul this year?

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

If I’m OAK you can have my 3 1s

The Raiders (w/Wilson) and Bears will be picking in the 20’s next year.  So #4 is the one great asset for a perennial MVP candidate.  IMO it’d have to be probably all 3 this year and the better of OAK/CHI.  Or #4, #24, #35, better FRP 2020.

3 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The Raiders (w/Wilson) and Bears will be picking in the 20’s next year.  So #4 is the one great asset for a perennial MVP candidate.  IMO it’d have to be probably all 3 this year and the better of OAK/CHI.  Or #4, #24, #35, better FRP 2020.

4 first round picks??? No team would agree to that, especially if they know Seattle has no intention of paying Russ. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Depends on his contract and if there is no trade clause. He could waive it if there is a trade to a team he approves of. Otherwise, he has no say. 

The real question for the Seahawks though is, if they don't want to resign him to big money, is having him for 2019 + 3rd round 2021 comp pick better than a huge trade haul this year?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/russell-wilson-9885/

According to that, he doesn't have a no trade clause, unless I mis-read it. 

I'm not entirely sure what's going on.  I posted an article in the Seahawks forum a few weeks ago that said Wilson could be the NFL's first $40+ million per year player.  I'm not sure why the Seahawks haven't signed him yet.  In the past, Wilson has given every indication he wants to re-sign and stay in Seattle for life.  Maybe the team feels he's not worth it?  I'm not sure why they would feel that way, though.

If they did trade him, I wouldn't want to it to be to a New York team.  I would want someone like Baker Mayfield in return.  I'm not even sure how I feel about Sam Darnold, to be honest.  The Giants just don't have anyone to trade the Seahawks, IMO.

I guess Wilson could say that he won't re-sign with any team outside of a New York team and that would kind of force the Seahawks hand to trade him there.

8 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Darnold and no.3 overall for Wilson.

Who's the side that says no?

The jets. They love Darnold. They ouldnt want to give up Darnold the number three overall pick and the cap flex that it would cost to make this deal.

Archived