Playstation 5

showtime

The Last of Us’s story was obviously really really good.  But the gameplay and mechanics were so clunky and horrendous to me.  

I may play the PC version for incredibly cheap though and if I have nothing else but I think I may start Dragons Dogma so I probably won’t. 

3 hours ago, Squanchy said:

The Last of Us’s story was obviously really really good.  But the gameplay and mechanics were so clunky and horrendous to me.  

I may play the PC version for incredibly cheap though and if I have nothing else but I think I may start Dragons Dogma so I probably won’t. 

Yeah, it’s the only game I started playing and then just watched a movie cut up for on YouTube. It was such a bummer, I was locked in on that marketing campaign…bought a PS3 to play it and the backlog. Naughty Dog seemingly has gotten better with gameplay…but that’s was how I thought about all their PS3 games.

Glad that was one of the things they changed for the remake.

I get the new Last of Us is remastered and rebuilt for the PS5, but charging full price for that is kind of wild to me. The game launched on the PS3. This trend of devs constantly "remastering" the same exact game over so many console gens is bad to me. Make the game like $30. Why $70?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

I get the new Last of Us is remastered and rebuilt for the PS5, but charging full price for that is kind of wild to me. The game launched on the PS3. This trend of devs constantly "remastering" the same exact game over so many console gens is bad to me. Make the game like $30. Why $70?

PlayStation gonna PlayStation 

Jim Ryan hasn’t made that any better

tumblr_mv7xt6VmCN1skt03xo3_250.gif&ehk=F

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, it’s the only game I started playing and then just watched a movie cut up for on YouTube. It was such a bummer, I was locked in on that marketing campaign…bought a PS3 to play it and the backlog. Naughty Dog seemingly has gotten better with gameplay…but that’s was how I thought about all their PS3 games.

Glad that was one of the things they changed for the remake.

I think a lot of their games are great and some of my favorites but at the same time get blown out of proportion and overrated.  Most of the Sony first party titles don't have incredible replay value.  I tried God of War 2018 again on pc, when it was a top 5 game for me last gen, and it felt like a slog.  I gave up after 10 or so hours.

I'll play Spider-Man on pc when I get my ultrawide monitor in.  Even that game I really enjoyed but couldn't finish.  I sincerely hope there's a no MaryJane mod when I decide to play.   Horizon was really good, I own the second for PS5 just have no motivation or interest in starting it.  

I don't understand why people say these games have bad game play and mechanics. Maybe it's bc I'm a casual game player and not super into it. I think TLoU and GoW are absolutely amazing in every way. What's so wrong about how they play? Not saying anyone is right or wrong but just looking for perspective 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't understand why people say these games have bad game play and mechanics. Maybe it's bc I'm a casual game player and not super into it. I think TLoU and GoW are absolutely amazing in every way. What's so wrong about how they play? Not saying anyone is right or wrong but just looking for perspective 

I don’t think anyone would say God of War has bad gameplay. Different than the originals and lacking in enemy variety but the core gameplay itself was good.  

I think most people think, myself at least, of Naughty Dog games when talking about sub par gameplay.  Last of Us original wasn’t great. Original Uncharted was atrocious in my opinion.  Uncharted 2 is my favorite in the series but still the gameplay wasn’t great or smooth.  You deal with it because it’s fun. 

Spider-Man gameplay was very very very good.  Never played ghosts but plan to.  HZD was fairly decent and much better at higher frame rate on pc. 

It’s all personal preference.  I think myself their games are becoming formulaic.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

God of War I enjoyed immensely.

But TLoU and Uncharted to me had terrible gunplay, ai, they just weren’t all that great from a base fun level. Which end of the day I want out of a game. Often just felt bloated  with needless boring encounters to slow you down through the story.

I think they at least somewhat reign things in compared to Ubisoft, which has been their direct competition in that 3rd person / action space, to do that games are a lot more on rails though. Ubisoft has usually been better in a straight gameplay aspect, though they occasionally will mess up a release or two. Which is why things like Horizon and Ghosts borrowed a lot from AC, Farcry, etc. not saying it’s bad, games alway copy others.

To be fair to them I didn’t bother playing Uncharted 4 or TLoU pt2, and supposedly it got a little better.

I love a good story in games, but satisfying gameplay has to at least somewhat be there. We were talking about Cyberpunk here too, they had a ton of good and more original narratives and delivered satisfying gameplay options too. On top of the heavier RPG systems and big open world. 

It’s all different flavors for people, I think if I’d just been randomly given either I’d be far less harsh on them. But billing them as gaming’s preeminent blockbusters / cinematic experiences was a high bar coming in. I look forward to giving them another shot whenever I get a PS5, I’m not going to pay $70 but I’ll definitely do it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, showtime said:

This is my issue and why I won't get it. At least they put effort in, and it's not a Nintendo half baked remaster that barely looks any better and is full price.

I did get mine on Tuesday and set it up, but I am still finishing up FF12.

Not sure what Im gonna play next.   I was thinking about revisting Spiderman on PS5 and then playing Miles Morales just to experience the next gen graphics.   Not ready to dive into Horizon yet.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I did get mine on Tuesday and set it up, but I am still finishing up FF12.

Not sure what Im gonna play next.   I was thinking about revisting Spiderman on PS5 and then playing Miles Morales just to experience the next gen graphics.   Not ready to dive into Horizon yet.

Cyberpunk on PS5 was great. So was Death Stranding. 

Last of Us was obviously a great game but every time I think of my playthrough I think of a stealth mission I was on as Joel with Ellie behind me. I dipped under a tripwire (are they still called tripwires when they’re at chest height?) and then a second later it explodes on me cause Ellie just walked straight into it. I almost had a heart attack. 

I was really looking forward to playing the remastered Spiderman on PS5, but the only way to play it is to buy the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for $70.    Already bought it for PS4 and Miles Morales is on PS Plus. 

Lame.