Playstation 5

showtime

5 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

people hoping for 120 fps are out of their minds especially if 4k/8k is going to be the push for this gen. 

Most decent PCs don't hit that in modern games let alone somewhat decent consoles. 

Expect 60 FPS in more games but only expect 120 FPS in older/indie games if that becomes an option, as of right now most TVs don't even support that. 

Yeah, I'm sure games won't run at 120 fps, but even being able to run at 60-90 fps in 4k, or 120 fps at 1080 would be great. 

Having the capability to output 8k@60 or 4k@120 video is huge though.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't really think 120 FPS is that difficult to hit for a decent/good computer in a lot of games today if it's in 720p or 1080p.  I'm also hoping these new consoles can do 120 FPS, but I'm not counting on it.  I highly doubt they'll be able to do a steady 120 FPS at 4K.

720p 120fps is insanely manageable. 1080p is doable if you have the right combination of things or just have the beef.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Yeah, I'm sure games won't run at 120 fps, but even being able to run at 60-90 fps in 4k, or 120 fps at 1080 would be great. 

Having the capability to output 8k@60 or 4k@120 video is huge though.

I wouldn't expect 60fps at 4k for any game. 

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

Man reading all this makes me feel so out of the loop. The last console I ever owned was a PS2 and half the games were PS1. Probably won't be involved in this new generation either. Part of me wish I still had the time and commitment especially for certain games like the Witchet and Zelda. But hats off to everyone here. 

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 8:14 PM, Xenos said:

Man reading all this makes me feel so out of the loop. The last console I ever owned was a PS2 and half the games were PS1. Probably won't be involved in this new generation either. Part of me wish I still had the time and commitment especially for certain games like the Witchet and Zelda. But hats off to everyone here. 

You need to get your priorities straight and play some damn videogames.     Things like family and career can wait.    B|

I dont play much anymore either.   Ive tried to get back into it more, and I even went out and bought several games cheap...even got a Wii U so I could play Zelda and Xenoblade....but I just dont have the time, and when I do, Im too tired.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You need to get your priorities straight and play some damn videogames.     Things like family and career can wait.    B|

I dont play much anymore either.   Ive tried to get back into it more, and I even went out and bought several games cheap...even got a Wii U so I could play Zelda and Xenoblade....but I just dont have the time, and when I do, Im too tired.

I'm gonna frame this. 

3 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Can’t wait for this next gen console to release so I can play my 20 year old ps2 games on it

Will likely only support some of the discs like the PS3 only supported some of the PS2 discs and wasn't 100% backwards compatible. 

4 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I've never seen anyone say they bought a WiiU for xenoblade. 

I bought it for Zelda first....Xenoblade was just another game I wanted.

I got the Wii U, Zelda and Xenoblade for $120 altogether....as opposed to paying  about $350 for Switch and Zelda.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I got the Wii U, Zelda and Xenoblade for $120 altogether....as opposed to paying  about $350 for Switch and Zelda.

Eh you can get a Switch Lite+ Zelda for like 250$ now. But fair. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

I went with Wii U for price and the fact there werent really any other exclusives on the Switch that sold me on it being worth that much.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:
19 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Personally I can't imagine buying a Lite since it can't be connected to a TV. Seems like a waste. I get it is for people who mostly use it mobile, that's just not me. 

• Like 1