Playstation 5

showtime

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can one situation where it was in fact done on Xbox from personal experience, though it may be apples to oranges?

I'd digitally downloaded NCAA 14 back in like 2015, didn't play it again until like 2017, but when I went to find it, it was nowhere to be found.

That was a special circumstance, they removed NCAA because of the lawsuit against EA.  

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

Whoever wants the best quality viewing experience, which is not many.

Minuscule quality increase but the tradeoff is buying a movie for more money, or not having it when you want it because you're waiting with red box. 

I guess if some want that little tiny bit better picture quality for all of the inconveniences that come with it, by all means. Owning a movie is silly. Most of the time you'll watch movies once, maybe once more in a few years.

Just now, Danger said:

Owning a movie is silly.

Lol. 

I have access to 400 movies at any time with digital copies of half of those movies.  I can watch them anytime, anywhere with or without wifi or internet access, I can share the movies, and I have everything I want without having to pay a monthly streaming fee. 

I just watched every single MCU movie without having to pay a single monthly fee or buy/rent any of them, and I will have that ability forever. 

If you're paying a monthly subscription for television or have cable, you're paying for crap television and network programming that is tantamount to leaves versus toilet paper in quality. 

So I guess owning movies is silly if you're easily pleased by terrible television and being victim to whatever Hulu, Netflix or cable decide to offer you each month. 

Have you looked at the horror options on Netflix/Hulu lately?  I think Hellevator is available on one of them. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 9:00 AM, Outpost31 said:

Lol. 

I have access to 400 movies at any time with digital copies of half of those movies.  I can watch them anytime, anywhere with or without wifi or internet access, I can share the movies, and I have everything I want without having to pay a monthly streaming fee. 

I just watched every single MCU movie without having to pay a single monthly fee or buy/rent any of them, and I will have that ability forever. 

If you're paying a monthly subscription for television or have cable, you're paying for crap television and network programming that is tantamount to leaves versus toilet paper in quality. 

So I guess owning movies is silly if you're easily pleased by terrible television and being victim to whatever Hulu, Netflix or cable decide to offer you each month. 

Have you looked at the horror options on Netflix/Hulu lately?  I think Hellevator is available on one of them. 

That's alot of movies to haul around. Do you have them uploaded with Plex or something?

Edited by Calvert28

On 4/19/2019 at 8:35 AM, Danger said:

Minuscule quality increase but the tradeoff is buying a movie for more money, or not having it when you want it because you're waiting with red box. 

I guess if some want that little tiny bit better picture quality for all of the inconveniences that come with it, by all means. Owning a movie is silly. Most of the time you'll watch movies once, maybe once more in a few years.

HD audio

On 4/19/2019 at 12:00 PM, Outpost31 said:

Lol. 

That really struck a cord with you.

Just now, jyod21 said:

That really struck a cord with you.

It was a stupid comment.  There are maybe 20 movies I'd want to watch on Netflix at any given time, maybe 10 I'd want to watch on Hulu at any given time.  Every time I buy a movie I add to my library of options, and those still work with no internet. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 12:00 PM, Outpost31 said:

Lol. 

400 movies....300+ of which you probably watched once or twice and will never watch again.

I'm not knocking you for preferring physical media, mind you, but let's be honest...most of them are just decorations at this point.

22 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/04/23/sony-8k-tv-line-releasing-before-ps5/

Hope you rich folk here in Footballs Future got a cool 10 or 70 grand laying around, lmao!

It took like what? 5-10 years for 1080p to become the standard? It will take that long for 4k and by the time you paid off your 70,000 8k TV you can get them for like 1,500.