2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

20 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Murray sucks.

If Grudock mess this up and draft a damn QB which I still highly doubt (97% sure we won't) I am throwing all my Raider gear away and becoming a Texans Fan. 

Texans huh? I would probably go Saints myself 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That was very, very underwhelming. Had a nice play or two but was getting stonewalled by Memphis LT and RT on almost every single play. 

Depends on what you're looking for and seeing. Oliver is playing a base end role in this game but establishing the line of the scrimmage and playing down the middle of the offensive linemen--that's why you may think that he's getting "stonewalled." He does a great job of eating and splitting double teams in this game and not getting pushed back against the run--it's clear Memphis' staff respects him in this game because they doubled him a bunch and generally avoided running his way.

The problems for him in this game is that he found himself on the ground on a couple of plays and that's never good for a defensive lineman. I think most, including myself, want to see Oliver in a role more close to what he played in this game than what he played during the majority at his time Houston, nose tackle or zero technique. I also want to see a coaching staff let him loose more and allow him to play to an offensive lineman's shoulder instead of forcing him to two-game and bull rush on every play.

In terms of playing end, I see way more upside in Oliver than Williams.

Doubt we are interested in Haskins, if that rumor was true and we liked him that much, there would be more rumors of us moving UP to secure our guy. 

In my opinion, we really want to move BACK. There is so much talent available all Thru the first and 2nd round, and I’m sure Mayock would love as many cracks at the whip as possible.

either we:

A: trade back, to target value at EDGE and accumulate capital. 

B: Hope QW falls

C: if QW is gone, and there no Trade suitors, we take Oliver. 

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Depends on what you're looking for and seeing. Oliver is playing a base end role in this game but establishing the line of the scrimmage and playing down the middle of the offensive linemen--that's why you may think that he's getting "stonewalled." He does a great job of eating and splitting double teams in this game and not getting pushed back against the run--it's clear Memphis' staff respects him in this game because they doubled him a bunch and generally avoided running his way.

The problems for him in this game is that he found himself on the ground on a couple of plays and that's never good for a defensive lineman. I think most, including myself, want to see Oliver in a role more close to what he played in this game than what he played during the majority at his time Houston, nose tackle or zero technique. I also want to see a coaching staff let him loose more and allow him to play to an offensive lineman's shoulder instead of forcing him to two-game and bull rush on every play.

In terms of playing end, I see way more upside in Oliver than Williams.

Overall though that wasn't impressive. If you're grading him out as an edge based on that one game, he's a mid-round pick. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Overall though that wasn't impressive. If you're grading him out as an edge based on that one game, he's a mid-round pick. 

I disagree. He's too explosive, agile, and strong to be a mid-round pick anywhere on the defensive line. That's probably what the NFL thinks, too.

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Man, we’re about to make 4 picks in the top 35, and y’all talking about switching teams. Weak! 

This team could take 4 QBs or trade them all for conditional 2023 7th rounders and, try as I might, I still wouldn't be able to become emotionally invested in another team, nor would I be able to stay away. Fandom is a curse.

Man I wake up and everyones in panic mode lol. 

To add more panic, you guys do realize they could of moved Haskins up before they sent personnel home right?

I mean, I’ve learned usually it’s fire with this franchise, not smoke. However, with Mayock, hopefully it’s smoke. 

Even myself and all the people not exactly happy with Carr such as @SilverNBlackFan would be pissed with Haskins at 4. Haskins is not very good gentlemen. Dinks and dunks to 3 WRs who run a 4.3. Really inaccurate and terrible under pressure. All the talking media heads “HE HAD 50 TDS!!!!”. 

If we had to go QB I’d much rather go Grier or Finley in the 2nd. 

Archived