2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Part 2 - The Draft Begins!

y2lamanaki

Both of our first round picks have a bad injury history. we were basically the most injured team in the NFL last year.

the 49ers best addition this offseason needs to be the new training staff 

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

Yep, I preferred Brown, but considering they had Deebo at the Senior Bowl, it makes a ton of sense

And this is a reason I love it even more. Shanahan saw something up close and got to already work with him. I trust this evaluation more than any other. 

I have to be honest - I don't remember the last time I liked the first two picks this much. I think 2006 and 2007 were it. 

I trust Shanny's ability to evaluate pass-catchers, full stop. I might question the team's selections at any other position, but this is Kyle's wheelhouse. Woulda still preferred to take Greedy or somebody like that here and get an Andy Isabella in the 3rd round, but what do I know?

1 minute ago, John232 said:

The injury concerns really scare me. I don't like it. Someone convince me to like it. 

Our offensive genius of a head coach got to coach him and scout him up close and in person and decided he needed him. 

Just now, N4L said:

Both of our first round picks have a bad injury history. we were basically the most injured team in the NFL last year.

the 49ers best addition this offseason needs to be the new training staff 

Bosa has had two big injuries. Deebo, to me, is like Bruce Ellington where he is going to be persistently injured with a strained calf, pulled hammy, etc. I hope I am wrong about his injuries, but I definitely would have rather have drafted Brown. I think Brown and Greedy were both better than Deebo personally. 

Just now, John232 said:

The injury concerns really scare me. I don't like it. Someone convince me to like it. 

They could have selected Youhanna Ghaifan with this pick. 

I would have traded back if possible, if they didn't want AJB, Baby T.O. Risner, or Greedy.

Y

Archived