2019 NFL Draft Live GDT - NO SPOILERS DON'T POST PICKS UNTIL TELEVISED

Broncofan

7 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I thought I read that we got good value for that trade with Pittsburgh??

Purely by the numbers it was roughly 1280 points received for the 1300 that the 10th pick is worth. So it was fair. My issue with it was that we had a pro bowl ILB staring us in the face and Pittsburgh was desperate for Bush. We could have gotten way more.

Edited by 1234567

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

No. TE. Since. 2006. Has. Ever. Had. Consistent. Production. Relative. To. A. 1st. Round. Pick. Since. Vernon. Davis.

The top 3 TEs currently in the NFL are Travis Kelce (3rd), Kittle (5th) and used to be Gronk (2nd).

What’s Denver’s success rate with first round QBs?

Just now, 1234567 said:

Purely by the numbers it was war rouchly 1280 points received for the 1300 that the 10th pick is worth. So it was fair. My issue with it was that we had a pro bowl ILB staring us in the face and Pittsburgh was desperate for Bush. We could have gotten way more.

Again, that’s an opinion.  No one is moving up and giving a future 1 for an ILB.  IMO, that was the best deal Denver could’ve gotten.  Now if a team would’ve jumped from 20 to 10 for a QB, I get the stance, but outside of a QB Denver wasn’t getting that type of haul.

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW I think OJ Howard is about to break that streak.   And I do think Hock and Fant were the 2 next ones - Iowa TE's are so much more advanced.  I recognize that being a move TE, though, his impact isn't as good as Hock's. 

I think we could regret passing on Haskins/Bush, because if they are top 10 QB's/elite ILB's, those are difference-makers (ILB not on many teams, but yes on Fangio D's).   That's a more than valid point - and the return wasn't great enough IMO to downgrade from Bush/Haskins to Fant. 

For 1.20 itslef, though, I won't knock the Fant pick in a vacuum.  I dislike that we didn't get book value or better, given PIT wanted Bush badly.   

You will regret passing on a QB because if you dont have one, your worthless. The Broncos dont have one and dont even have a future prospect. I would rather miss on a TE than a potential QB. The problem is Elway is scared out of his mind of taking a QB high in the draft since Paxton ruined him.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

You will regret passing on a QB because if you dont have one, your worthless. The Broncos dont have one and dont even have a future prospect. I would rather miss on a TE than a potential QB. The problem is Elway is scared out of his mind of taking a QB high in the draft since Paxton ruined him.

I am with you on passing for Haskins, I would have gone 1.10.   He's the only guy I would have done that with.    The flip side to your statement about Elway being scared - IMO he should be scared about Lock.   Repeating Lynch is a franchise killer for 3 years.    We'll see.

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Can people stop with this trade value from 10 to 20?

It was fair value and no one knows what the Steelers were willing to give.  On the chart I looked at Denver gave 1300 for 1280.  The difference in the pick was a 6th rounder.

Again, moving from 10 back to 15 last year was a 3rd round pick.  It was fair value on the deal and arguing that the Steelers could’ve been fleeced in the deal is just opinion.

But that ignores the situation. Bush was there for us, a value pick at 10, at a position of need, with a significant drop off in quality at that position after him. It’s not all just math.  

• Like 2

Just now, germ-x said:

Again, that’s an opinion.  No one is moving up and giving a future 1 for an ILB.  IMO, that was the best deal Denver could’ve gotten.  Now if a team would’ve jumped from 20 to 10 for a QB, I get the stance, but outside of a QB Denver wasn’t getting that type of haul.

No, but I think they could have easily gotten next year's second instead of a third. Keep in mind, Pitt rarely drafts in the top half of the round; next year's third won't have much bite. And I'm sorry, but when you are the team that wants to trade up 10 spots, you're the one who is supposed to come out a little on the losing end of the point value. 

5 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

So - who do we target with our 2nd?  OL? CB? DL?

Play the board and take BPA.  There's AMAZING value developing with IOL, WR and CB.  It's a win win to go BPA because it just so happens to coincide with our long-term roster needs (and why BPA works so well, unless it's QB and you already have 1 - can't play 2). 

Those are 3 key positions of long-term need, which is why BPA works when there's a talent gap present.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

But that ignores the situation. Bush was there for us, a value pick at 10, at a position of need, with a significant drop off in quality at that position after him. It’s not all just math.  

And the fact that PIT was desperate to get Bush.   Context matters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I am with you on passing for Haskins, I would have gone 1.10.   He's the only guy I would have done that with.    The flip side to your statement about Elway being scared - IMO he should be scared about Lock.   Repeating Lynch is a franchise killer for 3 years.    We'll see.

You dont know until you try. If you dont try, you end up 5-11 with Joe Flacco, Case Keenum, Trevor Siemian, Kyle Orton, ect as your QB.

You fire until you hit. Thats how QB works because if you dont hit, you have nothing and the Broncos currently have nothing.

Edited by AkronsWitness