2019 NFL Draft Live GDT - NO SPOILERS DON'T POST PICKS UNTIL TELEVISED

Broncofan

Alright I can live with it. Bush would have been a much better pick at #10 but at least we got that late 3rd rounder next year. 

TE is a complimentary position, not a critical one, and we’ve spent four draft picks on TEs in the last four years now - Heuerman, Butt, Fumagali and now Fant. Let’s hope this one works out better. 

Elway didn't get enough to trade back down - PIT was jonesing hard for Devin Bush.  But at least we can say Elway didn't commit the cardinal sin of trading down and getting a QB - like @DiehardBronxFan said, if you believe he's your guy, trading down to get him in the same round makes no sense, it means you really don't believe in him.  So I'm so thrilled we didn't trade back and end up with Lock.

My only misgiving about Fant - he's not a complete TE like Hockenson, he's more of a move TE.  But he's a potential impact move TE, so I'm totally stoked with Fant at 1.20.  He's also likely going to take more time to have an impact - because he won't be the monster blocker that Hock is right now.  But if you were to tell me we'd be trading back to 1.20, while I would have said we'd get full value and not less in trade capital, I'd have been thrilled with Fant at 1.20.   

So now, please don't give away the capital gained by moving up to get Lock late.   Paxton Lynch 2016 v2.  Don't repeat the past.  Our history and his skill set / problems mean this isn't a compatible situation.  

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Alright I can live with it. Bush would have been a much better pick at #10 but at least we got that late 3rd rounder next year. 

TE is a complimentary position, not a critical one, and we’ve spent four draft picks on TEs in the last four years now - Heuerman, Butt, Fumagali and now Fant. Let’s hope this one works out better. 

And #52 😉

Walter Football likes this pick:

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/broncosb_logo.gif

broncosb_logo.gif Denver Broncos: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa A Grade
The Broncos did a good job of picking up two extra second-round picks by trading down from No. 10 to 20. They wanted to move down as soon as T.J. Hockenson was taken off the board. There was speculation that they liked Devin Bush, but that wasn't legitimate. Hockenson was their man all along, but they also liked Noah Fant and correctly recognized they could trade down and still obtain him. Unlike the Raiders, Giants and Falcons, they didn't reach. They filled a huge need with good value, so it's hard not to grade this as an "A."

9 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I’m shocked we made a good pick.

The Broncos didnt make a good pick.

1) They just signed Jeff Heuerman to an extension. They also have Jake Butt healthy.

2) They got gunshy on a QB again and passed on both Haskins/Lock twice.

3) They are literally building their team around 35 year old Joe Flacco's strengths with multiple TEs

4) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT: There has not been a TE selected in the 1st round that has produced like a 1st rounder for any amount of substantial time since 2006 with Vernon Davis. Dont believe me, go look up every TE selected in the 1st round dating back to 2006. Its embarrassing.

The Broncos just passed on Haskins/Bush/Sweat'/Dillard and Lock (twice) for a complimentary TE with minimal position value.

Fire yourself Elway.

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You can't tell me Elway isn't in search for a game breaking TE like he had with Sharpe...has to be in the back of his mind.

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Tell that to Shannon Sharpe.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Broncos didnt make a good pick.

1) They just signed Jeff Heuerman to an extension. They also have Jake Butt healthy.

2) They got gunshy on a QB again and passed on both Haskins/Lock twice.

3) They are literally building their team around 35 year old Joe Flacco's strengths with multiple TEs

4) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT: There has not been a TE selected in the 1st round that has produced like a 1st rounder for any amount of substantial time since 2006 with Vernon Davis.

The Broncos just passed on Haskins/Bush/Sweat and Lock (twice) for a complimentary TE with minimal position value.

Fire yourself Elway.

First 2 points don’t hold up;

ie: Huerman isn’t good, and Butt might never be good with 2 blown knees 

and if you don’t like lock or Haskins then why take one just to take one?