2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Dessie said:

Lame as usual. Look at the first post of the draft thread v5.

It was only last week and you still reckon Ferrell was your #2 edge lol.

These are draft targets bozo. Where does it say rankings? Ferrell has been my #2 ALL OFF SEASON YOU ******

Now be quiet like a good boy. God you’re obsessed with me. 

3 minutes ago, Roninho said:

If if if 

1. he needs to be available, which is an if

2. a trade needs to be on the table. 

3. It is still bad value in the trade itself. I'm fine with us stopping wit the Reggie McKenzie school of how to get abused in trades. Even if that means we have to reach every now and then.

The most important part of being a GM is understanding value and knowing where you can get certain players.  According to everything I've seen, both before the draft and since we made our pick, we could've gotten Ferrell farther down the board.  I would have much rather gone somewhere else at 4 and then trade up from 24 to get Ferrell. 

Again, none of our decision makers deserve the benefit of the doubt and this reeks of us pre-determining what position we're going to draft just like last year.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

These are draft targets bozo. Where does it say rankings? Ferrell has been my #2 ALL OFF SEASON YOU ******

Now be quiet like a good boy. God you’re obsessed with me. 

Lol, course he was that’s wh you never had him going to us in the top 5 but had other edges listed. Keep up the name calling on a forum, must be making you feel good :D

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

How do you know that, if we had taken Allen at 4 Jags could have taken Ferrell at 7.

Jags only took him based on value because he is a bad fit in their system so he is destined to fail right.  We will just have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'll take less value over no value, but ok.

I hated all these low value trades we did over the years. And firmly bellieve that once you are know to be accepting low value you will never get good value deals but will simply be abused in trades. And Mckenzie always was. 

I have no idea if Ferrell will work out, and for sure he is a reach so not happy with how it has played out, but for me a trade down to end of top 10 for a 2nd round pick would be Reggie all over.

Anyway, lets hope we drafted a stud. 

For me the best thing about the Ferrell pick is its a sign Mayock is leading this draft.

Ferrell that he has the highest floor and is an immediate contributor. Ferrell is a Mayock guy. I guarantee that. 

Just now, Roninho said:

I hated all these low value trades we did over the years. And firmly bellieve that once you are know to be accepting low value you will never get good value deals but will simply be abused in trades. And Mckenzie always was. 

I have no idea if Ferrell will work out, and for sure he is a reach so not happy with how it has played out, but for me a trade down to end of top 10 for a 2nd round pick would be Reggie all over.

Anyway, lets hope we drafted a stud. 

I agree on the last part at least lol.

It cracks me up that some of you will defend anything this stupid franchise does.  It was bad value, doesn’t mean Ferrell can’t be a good player.  Take the goggles off and look at things objectively.  It wasn’t a good pick at 4.  There was better talent and we reached.  It’s ok to be critical, doesn’t mean we don’t love our team.

Archived