Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

Just now, raidr4life said:

Ok, I believe the scouts.

In what specific way does he play like Mack? Maybe they set a physical edge similar but there pass rush will always be 100% different, both from a technique and talent perspective. Rushing the passer they look nothing alike, even from Macks college film. 

As for personalitys, totally different as well. Macks a bit more reserved, but can be outspoken and show leadership when he needs too. Ferrel has an extremely outgoing personality with tons of charisma. 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Ok, I believe the scouts.

What "scouts" All of a sudden it's plural?

lol... come on man, you're better than this. Notice not 1 single person makes that comparison, but here's Cork with a clickbait article knowing he can capitalize on Raider fan insecurity over the #4 overall pick.

Please tell me you paid for a subscription?

Ferrell is more like Bennett than Mack. I want him to win in the NFL like Bennett. A combo of speed/power/hand usage, and intelligence. 

Ferrell looked devastating at times when he pulled out counter moves/spins, etc.

He can continue to develop a feel for snap count, which has helped him flash some phenomenal reps. 

I think we were in a tough spot regarding trading down. I wish we did, but I do like the player. So I'm lukewarm on the value, but a fan of the player. 

PJ Hall needs to continue his development. I thought he showed something as a rookie, but needs a lot more refinement/consistency as a player. I think his upside is sky high though and I'm hoping Buckner can get it out of him. Otherwise that'll be another big hole in a years time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

PJ Hall needs to continue his development. I thought he showed something as a rookie, but needs a lot more refinement/consistency as a player. I think his upside is sky high though and I'm hoping Buckner can get it out of him. Otherwise that'll be another big hole in a years time.

How will that be another big hole? We have Mo Hurst at DT too. Either way, I'm expecting him to make a jump this year. This is only his 3rd season playing on the interior so that in itself should lead to some improvement. He's one of the most physically gifted DT's in the league, hopefully he can play like it this year. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How will that be another big hole? We have Mo Hurst at DT too. Either way, I'm expecting him to make a jump this year. This is only his 3rd season playing on the interior so that in itself should lead to some improvement. He's one of the most physically gifted DT's in the league, hopefully he can play like it this year. 

Of course. But you always need 2 guys minimum. Especially if you wanna get after the passer in the AFC west. 

I agree though. I'm high on Hall and hopeful that he'll keep going.