1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Gary had nothing to do with the teams success in reaching the NFCCG.  Not relevant.

I don't know if he was the right pick.  I don't know if he was the wrong pick.  Time will tell.

I get that all first round picks are "gambles" to some extent, but I would have loved better production from the 12'th overall pick.

And that's it.  He's got plenty of time to prove it on the field. 

What I’m saying is, it would’ve been nice having production from a top 12 pick in hindsight knowing we were gonna go that far. 

He was the right pick at 12. Legit top tier athlete, all of the coaches and teammates past and present praise him , he has the pedigree . I won’t be upset even if he’s a bust  at Gute. 

43 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He also didn't do a damn thing this year and the coaches still wouldn't risk putting Gary on the field in the playoffs

His pressure rate was actually up from the 10 sack year. This year he was unlucky. Plus they dropped him more than any OLB. Gary they never dropped. Not really the same role. Either way, Fackrell is gone and that spot will be Gary's next year.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Packers.com I assume

Exactly. Larry is always a good watch, but as with anyone who is employed by the Packers, you won't ever hear a discouraging word. I won't even bother with the other reporters. All fluff, no substance.

Edited by cannondale

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Exactly. Larry is always a good watch, but as with anyone who is employed by the Packers, you won't ever hear a discouraging word. I won't even bother with the other reporters. All fluff, no substance.

no one will ever say something discouraging on any teams websites tbh.