Pick is in, #24 Josh Jacobs RB Alabama

true2form

On 4/26/2019 at 10:09 AM, Rich7sena said:

He's Zeke without the top end speed; that was my comp when I first watched him.

I agree.  His impact will be greater than Sweat on this team and the risk of losing him between 24 to 27 was too great to risk.  We made the right call and I like the pick.  

I like that he is a great pass catcher and we can line him up in the slot and have him still be a threat.  I like this draft so far as we are changing the culture of the team.

I wonder if we stick with the high character theme or now that we are so deep in the draft I wonder if we start to take some risks.  

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

Great read, probably my new Favortie Raider 

I'm such a sucker for this kind of thing. If I were a GM, I'd so be like Reggie!

It's gonna be so easy to root for the guys we've picked up - whether because of stories like Jacobs' or the personalities of the likes of Ferrell and Abram. 

• Like 2

I really like him as a player, the value of the RB selection in the first round is questionable to me, but it is up to Gruden now to use him well enough...

Can run, can block, can catch, has good vision, has burst...he really is a total RB...the elite speed is the only thing missing from being an elite prospect.

Great guy, great character...easy to root for him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

I really like him as a player, the value of the RB selection in the first round is questionable to me, but it is up to Gruden now to use him well enough...

Can run, can block, can catch, has good vision, has burst...he really is a total RB...the elite speed is the only thing missing from being an elite prospect.

Great guy, great character...easy to root for him

We needed a real rb. Low mileage as well. When u have three 1sts a rb hurts less. I liked the pick. Just wish we got sweat too but I'm digging abram.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think Ray Rice and Martin are within the same archetype of runner. I think Jacobs will be better than both, though.

Rice was pretty studly in his prime. Two 1300+ rushing years on the ground, with 700 yards receiving to go along with them. I will be thrilled if Jacobs turns out to be that kind of player.

We really haven't had a franchise RB since McFadden, and even that was short lived.