NFL Draft Day Two GDT

Forge

Just now, The LBC said:

Yeah.  I usually know every small school guy even on the radar and I have no idea who he is.

Same.  I scout a ton of guys for BDL and I never heard of him.

Although, my grandfather played football at Murray St. so I will root hard for him.  

Back from Endgame (no spoilers, but just amazing, albeit a convenient mechanism to address the IW ending, but just crazy good).

So I get blasted with texts that we got Lock anyways.   So upset....until I realized we got Risner at 2.41 first.

Would have been the ultimate result to have gone CB/WR at 2.51, but can't get that worked up, given the nightmare was a 1.10 investment on Lock.   It could still blow up in DEN's face if Haskins is great and Lock sucks, but we can still avoid a complete loss if Fant/Risner are great...and if Haskins isn't any better than Lock, it's a W for us.  So at least it's not all downside, and all dependent on Lock alone.   A mid-rd 2 pick means we won't commit to Lock more than past 2020's draft if he's not progressing.  I'm sad we were *that* close from avoiding this headache, but I can't argue the price was dropping to close to where he should have gone in a vacuum (somewhere in Rd3, like Grier).  

Would have been over the moon if we had gone ILB with Pratt, but Dremont Jones is actually a solid value pick, we'll likely lose 2 DL after this year, and his sklls and ceiling were worth taking long-term.

Won't ever feel great about Lock as our QB choice over Haskins, but being the 3rd pick of our draft (so we got other guys ahead of Lock instead of Lock 1st lol), and in the 40's, I'll live with as "could-have-been-far-worse".

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is Germaine Pratt comparable to a less athletic Darius Leonard? 

I see a lot of similarities. Long angular frames, long arms, tenacious after the ball-carrier, leaders, violent on impact, sure wrap up tacklers etc.

He’s good, but the reason Darius Leonard is so good is because he’s freaky explosive. Pratt is not that guy. 

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He’s good, but the reason Darius Leonard is so good is because he’s freaky explosive. Pratt is not that guy. 

Yeah, I should have mentioned the difference in closing speed. 

EDIT: Also they're both bald and have beards.

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is Germaine Pratt comparable to a less athletic Darius Leonard? 

I see a lot of similarities. Long angular frames, long arms, tenacious after the ball-carrier, leaders, violent on impact, sure wrap up tacklers etc.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah, when I say I want Pratt, it's not because he's Leonard V2 - more that he's what we need - a pass-coverage, chase ILB.  Former safety, so he's decent at coverage, and a very sure tackler.  But he's not the same level as Leonard IMO.  Still, I'm happy with Jones, but would have been really happy given need and BPA matched even more with Pratt.   

Archived