Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2019 - Cardinals at 1

goldfishwars

Cards:

Kyler Murray - Best QB in the draft

Byron Murphy - Excellent value and scheme fit. Best zone corner/ off man in the draft. 

Andy Isabella - Great fit for Kingburys Offense

Zach Allen - I loved Allen, think he can develop into a potential star. Elite run defender, TFL master, swats balls, and received a 90 pass rush grade from PFF. I wanted the Raiders to take him at 27. Tremendous value at the 1st Pick of the 3rd Round. 

Hakeem Butler - Tremendous value in the 4th. 

Deionte Thompson - Most thought of him as a early 3rd and he falls to the 5th. Great value. Unlikely but he has all the potential in the world to develop into the best safety of the class. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 4/28/2019 at 8:42 PM, Zithers2 said:

The entire NFC South had awful drafts, including my Panthers.

If only we had the GM behind the 32nd ranked draft class instead of Marty Hurney. Sigh.

Burns was a great pick. It was a slight risk to trade up for Little but if he pans out than its a smart gamble. Miller has a motor that doesn't quit. As long as he stays healthy. Grier was my third favorite QB out the draft and we got him at decent value. If Cam sits out a game or two. Grier can step in and show what he's got. Depending on Cam's future, we could ship out Grier to a QB needy team for a Matt Cassell type deal [/pipedreaming]

Edited by atown703

No offense GfW but that is not a #1 Write up. If Hakeem Butler is the WOW factor, this is not a top five draft. The Cardinals did very well but not top in the league well. I have no problem with #3 or #4 but either Buffalo or Washington deserves this slot.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

he had the most catches, receiving yards, and a td during the game. so did he suck the rest of the week?

I thought he struggled during practices, but I have a very divergent opinion if him than most. He was just a lot more raw than I thought. Way too many false steps. Some inconsistencies, no doubt. Most people fawn over the speed, and rightfully so, but I think there's a lot to clean up

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I thought he struggled during practices, but I have a very divergent opinion if him than most. He was just a lot more raw than I thought. Way too many false steps. Some inconsistencies, no doubt. Most people fawn over the speed, and rightfully so, but I think there's a lot to clean up

I think they also made him be a slot wr the entire time. which i don't think he is. he caught like 1400 yards on the outside last year. I think he does too much extra stuff in the slot. so he has to clean that up but I don't think kliff is going to use him like an edelman or welker, more like a cooks or desean jackson.

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

No offense GfW but that is not a #1 Write up. If Hakeem Butler is the WOW factor, this is not a top five draft. The Cardinals did very well but not top in the league well. I have no problem with #3 or #4 but either Buffalo or Washington deserves this slot.

J

Thanks for the ongoing reviews man

• Like 3

21 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Jesus - I always underestimate how long that takes.

Recommendation - how about you get 2-3 people to help with the write up? It's still ranked how you see it, but see if you can find someone else to follow your format and write up their thoughts.

Just a thought. :)

Just on the Patriots having a great draft, the capital they had amassed meant they could hardly miss - but there are big questions to me, around how the capital was spent:-

This is the Patriots draft:-

32. N'Keal Harry  [ WR ] Arizona State
45. Joejuan Williams  [ CB ] Vanderbilt
77. Chase Winovich  [ DE ] Michigan
87. Damien Harris  [ RB ] Alabama
101. Yodny Cajuste  [ OT ] West Virginia
118. Hjalte Froholdt  [ G ] Arkansas
133. Jarrett Stidham  [ QB ] Auburn
159. Byron Cowart  [ DT ] Maryland
163. Jake Bailey  [ P ] Stanford
252. Ken Webster  [ CB ] Ole Miss

This could have been the Patriots draft if I wanted to select alternative players at the same spots:-

32. N'Keal Harry  [ WR ] Arizona State
45. Irv Smith Jr.  [ TE ] Alabama
77. Chase Winovich  [ DE ] Michigan
87. Hakeem Butler  [ WR ] Iowa State
101. Yodny Cajuste  [ OT ] West Virginia
118. Amani Hooker  [ S ] Iowa
133. Greg Gaines  [ DT ] Washington
159. Easton Stick  [ QB ] North Dakota State
163. Lamont Gaillard  [ C/G ] Georgia
252. Devine Ozigbo [ RB ] Nebraska

This could have been the Patriots draft if they hadn't traded a single pick:-

32. Dalton Risner [ OT ] Kansas State
56. Jace Sternberger  [ TE ] Texas A&M
64. Justin Layne  [ CB ] Michigan State
73. Chase Winovich  [ DE ] Michigan
97. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson  [ S ] Florida
101. Hakeem Butler  [ WR ] Iowa State
134. Greg Gaines  [ DT ] Washington
205. Tommy Sweeney  [ TE ] Boston College
239. Brett Rypien [ QB ] Boise State
243. Devine Ozigbo [ RB ] Nebraska
246. TJ Edwards [ LB ] Wisconsin
252. Stanley Morgan [ WR ] Nebraska

This could have been the Patriots draft if they hadn't traded a single pick, by selecting totally different players:-

32. Deebo Samuel  [ WR ] South Carolina
56. JJ Arcega-Whiteside  [ WR ] Stanford
64. Zach Allen  [ DE ] Boston College
73. Kahale Warring  [ TE ] San Diego State
97. Bobby Evans  [ OT ] Oklahoma
101. Amani Hooker  [ S ] Iowa
134. Amani Oruwariye  [ CB ] Penn State
205. Ty Summers  [ LB ] TCU
239. Dontavius Russell  [ DT ] Auburn
243. Dax Raymond [ TE ] Utah State
246. Keelan Doss [ WR ] Cal Davis
252. Alex Barnes [ RB ] Kansas State