> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

11 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Anybody think JJ's presence on the roster will keep us from making multiple significant moves at WR this off-season? We need 5 legitimate starting caliber receivers based on what has happened this year.

More importantly. Can we bring back the navy seals/sports science stuff back? Drastic changes need to be made to address all of the injuries that have been happening since Chip left. That´s no longer ¨bad luck¨ nor sole blame to the medical staff.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You don't think him being on the roster, being a recent solidly high draft pick, will block us from drafting a receiver in say, the 1st or 2nd round?

I don’t, the Eagles need to sure up their huge investment in Carson. The requires reliable weapons. Alshon likely won’t be available til the regular season next year, Desean isn’t reliable. And JJ has shown really nothing this first year. If they don’t make a trade or sign someone big then they have to look at this crazy good draft for it. 

I think the biggest Thing stopping the Eagles from taking a WR early? How dire the CB situation is. Saving grace there is a lot of corners will be available in FA this year. My expectation is they will resign Mills to like a two year deal, look to add like Byron Jones, Jimmy Smith, Chris Harris...someone of note. As well as maybe a flyer on a lesser guy like Patrick Robinson was. But we’ll still need to add a young future piece. But we can’t go into the draft with a giant hole there.

i think we will go WR & CB in the first two rounds, then LB & DT in Round 3. Things that would change that plan? A really good DL prospect falling to us in the first two rounds. If Espensa, Brown, Kinlaw all could be a pick by the birds in those mid-teens to early teens if we are picking there. If they trade the 2nd rounder for OBJ (though that still kinda is taking one in the first two rounds)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

More importantly. Can we bring back the navy seals/sports science stuff back? Drastic changes need to be made to address all of the injuries that have been happening since Chip left. That´s no longer ¨bad luck¨ nor sole blame to the medical staff.  

Smoothies > Ice Cream

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Ditto for CB. I have no clue what they're gonna do there. Maddox is future slot but no way we bring back both Darby and Mills.

Darby is gone...think they’ll stick with Jalen on a 2 year deal, maybe a 3 year one (in name only).

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Darby is gone...think they’ll stick with Jalen on a 2 year deal, maybe a 3 year one (in name only).

I'm fine with Jalen as long as we bring in a bona fide legit #1 corner who follows guys around like Amari, Julio, etc. Jalen HAS to be the defined #2 if he is brought back. I think he'll be brought back for what it's worth. I think we sign a corner to be our #1. Free Agent-Mills-Maddox- Douglas-Jones. Prob throw a draft pick in there somewhere, 1st or 2nd rounder.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm fine with Jalen as long as we bring in a bona fide legit #1 corner who follows guys around like Amari, Julio, etc. Jalen HAS to be the defined #2 if he is brought back. I think he'll be brought back for what it's worth. I think we sign a corner to be our #1. Free Agent-Mills-Maddox- Douglas-Jones. Prob throw a draft pick in there somewhere, 1st or 2nd rounder.

The only CB that may be available and fits that bill is kind of old at this point. Patrick Peterson. Chris Harris is an alright Slot Corner, but he's also old. Frankly we're just going to have to draft for the future and hope that someone we get pans out early.

Hard to say which direction will this team go missing out on the playoffs (which I expect). 

Keep/resign players or coaches 

Overhaul on both toss up...who's evaluating? 

Does Howie and who ever is left think we can overhaul so many position groups and sign a bunch of veterans? 

We've been signing FAs to fill the roster thus far 

Of the current 53 

I counted 27 players that were drafted by us...

Robert Davis up from the PS #14 from Georgia State 

Deontay Burnett WR USC on the PS played 5 games for the Jets in 2018. 

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

The only CB that may be available and fits that bill is kind of old at this point. Patrick Peterson. Chris Harris is an alright Slot Corner, but he's also old. Frankly we're just going to have to draft for the future and hope that someone we get pans out early.

Dang I didn't know that. Haven't looked at upcoming free agent lists or anything yet. I do think that's what we need though. I see that PP is under contract for 2020. We'd have to trade for him. Cardinals beat writers are saying he's been a liability this season. We need a Slay.

59 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Hard to say which direction will this team go missing out on the playoffs (which I expect). 

Keep/resign players or coaches 

Overhaul on both toss up...who's evaluating? 

Does Howie and who ever is left think we can overhaul so many position groups and sign a bunch of veterans? 

We've been signing FAs to fill the roster thus far 

Of the current 53 

I counted 27 players that were drafted by us...

Robert Davis up from the PS #14 from Georgia State 

Deontay Burnett WR USC on the PS played 5 games for the Jets in 2018. 

Yeah really hard to have an idea what they see. Would they just blow it all up  minus Carson and the super key pieces or are they going to try and salvage who they have and try again? Do they think we just focus on getting WR's CB's and LB's and and keep the same core or are they thinking their issues are deeper than that?

What will they decide with players like Alshon, DeSean, Malcolm, Bradham, McCleod will really be telling

Edited by EaglesPeteC

51 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Looks like the best available corners will be: Chris Harris Jr, Jimmy Smith, Logan Ryan, Bradley Roby, Byron Jones, Trae  Waynes, Marcus Peters, Bashaud Breeland and Kendall Fuller. Not exactly brimming with obvious talent.

Marcus Peters, Jimmy Smith, Chris Harris would be my first picks there.

• Like 1

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <