> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If we don’t get one of those WRs, Howie has failed us. I don’t care what his draft philosophy is possibly. We need a reliable playmaker on the outside. 

I consider Fulton or Delpit a worthy result alternative.

way more WRs than starter worthy CBs and Delpit could be a helluva addition to an old Safety position.

But if we don’t get a wideout in the 2nd then Howie has doomed us.

50 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If he gets to the late teens where a 3rd could get us to him, I’d trade up. Otherwise, I’d stay at 21 and take Shenault 

Agreed with this. No way he falls to 21. He's worth a trade up though. Although, with the class so deep, I do have some hesitation in saying that. As long as we end up with him or Reagor I'm cool. Easily my 2 biggest draft crushes.

Sign Robby Anderson

Take Laviska Shenault at 21

Trade Arcega-Whiteside for another struggling 2nd round pick like Donte Jackson from Carolina

Draft another 1 or 2 wideouts

Receiving corps would be a top 3 of Shenault, Anderson, and Ward, plus youth in the mid and late rounds to compete

Edited by EaglesFan5-36-81

2 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Sign Robby Anderson

Take Laviska Shenault at 21

Trade Arcega-Whiteside for another struggling 2nd round pick like Donte Jackson from Carolina

Draft another 1 or 2 wideouts

Receiving corps would be a top 3 of Shenault, Anderson, and Ward, plus youth in the mid and late rounds to compete

And what do you do with Jeffrey/Jackson? 

35 minutes ago, oland11 said:

What do you guys think about CeeDee Lamb? What is an NFL comparison to him? Where do you guys think he will go in the draft?

Most of us love him to varying degrees. some more than others.

I’ve had him as the #1 WR. Especially for us. 

A lot of people compare him to Hopkins. I’d agree on the close to midrange ability to get open and vacuum catching radius. 

He’s going top 12

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Most of us love him to varying degrees. some more than others.

I’ve had him as the #1 WR. Especially for us. 

A lot of people compare him to Hopkins. I’d agree on the close to midrange ability to get open and vacuum catching radius. 

He’s going top 12

I LOVE LAMB!

I hope you guys read that like Brick in anchorman shouting I LOVE LAMP!

But yeah almost every receiver in this class has special qualities. They win in different ways at the college level, but they win, and they do it often.

I've been watching a lot of receivers in the college game, and theres guys who will go in the middle of round 2 that would be first rounders any other year.

I could make the case Shenault could be a top 10 guy in another year, and he's probably the #4 guy this year. Same with Higgins, plus there may be trade options on the table with guys like OBJ and potentially Mike Evans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

There is an insane amount of WR talent in this year draft... We better hit on it if we pick a WR, or we should fire everybody.

When there is a Glaring hole, Howie tends to go after it. Last year it was Clear as day the RB position needed upgrading so he goes and gets Howard,  Sanders and Eventually promote a Hidden gem in Scott.

With the way injuries hit this WR Core and how unimpressive JJAW was filling in the Alshon Role, I have zero doubt Howie hits FA and the Draft hard adding 3 WR's minimum. To at worst compete for the two outside Starter Roles.

Now whether we actually draft the right ones given our horrific scouting dept when in comes to WR, who knows?? But its coming!

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

When there is a Glaring hole, Howie tends to go after it. Last year it was Clear as day the RB position needed upgrading so he goes and gets Howard,  Sanders and Eventually promote a Hidden gem in Scott.

With the way injuries hit this WR Core and how unimpressive JJAW was filling in the Alshon Role, I have zero doubt Howie hits FA and the Draft hard adding 3 WR's minimum. To at worst compete for the two outside Starter Roles.

Now whether we actually draft the right ones given our horrific scouting dept when in comes to WR, who knows?? But its coming!

We have 4 WRs on the roster who are almost assuredly on the team next year. I don't think we add 3 frankly.

Alshon, DeSean are both staying around (Alshon unfortunately because contract). JJAW is still young and could get better. Greg Ward has earned that spot. 

Jeff Gladney TCU Corner 6' 185 

reminds me of Asante Samuel in coverage minus the ability to actually catch the ball consistently. Thinking 2nd/3rd round

Brandon Jones S Texas 6' 205

Versatile safety can play in the box, blitz, still working on CF and cover skills but he's done it. Also returned punts, thinking 3rd round. 

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <