> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

You don't think Howie could have said "that's cool, but Travis is a better prospect" and then drafted him using his GM power? He could have, but he's not good at scouting, so he didn't.

right howie isnt a scout so he listens to other people

Howie has a pretty good record of drafting O-line. Kelce, Lane, Seumalo and Big V were successes based on where they were drafted. Pryor looks like he can hang. 

He got the QB pick right (if he could just stay healthy).

DLine has some hits but also some misses

back 7 and skill positions doe........yikes

(although Miles looks pretty quality) 

15 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Ertz to NE for a conditional 3rd. 

I'd consider it. I can see TB trading Brate to NE for a 4th/5th. 

Why??? So we can be 1 snap away from having No TE Threat on the field? Having to Start Josh Perkins? You guys Kill me with your obsession over acquiring Draft Picks!

We already have 4WR spots that need to be filled. Opening up another hole by trading away your Best Recieving Threat in this Offense is absurd. 

Ertz and Goedert work perfectly together. Compliment each other. You dont break that up and you most certainly dont do it for Peanuts like a 3rd rd pick!

I’m sure better, faster WRs would help immensely and solve the problem but 2 TE sets were a drag this year. 10 yard offense. I mostly love Ertz but a 1st rounder and he’s gone. Maybe a hot take but I think the two TE set makes for a crap offense. Not dynamic or impossible to cover at all. Or maybe I’m completely wrong and a D Jax or other speedy WR would open everything up again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why??? So we can be 1 snap away from having No TE Threat on the field? Having to Start Josh Perkins? You guys Kill me with your obsession over acquiring Draft Picks!

The reason being Ertz's value is still high, but it's on the cusp of going downhill, along with his level of play. If we get a good offer, (the one he listed is not) We should definitely consider it.

Edited by Danger

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m sure better, faster WRs would help immensely and solve the problem but 2 TE sets were a drag this year. 10 yard offense. I mostly love Ertz but a 1st rounder and he’s gone. Maybe a hot take but I think the two TE set makes for a crap offense. Not dynamic or impossible to cover at all. Or maybe I’m completely wrong and a D Jax or other speedy WR would open everything up again. 

Agreed - you get an offer of a first round pick for Ertz you send him packing. I think Goedert can replace what Ertz does and we can finally move past these plodding two TE sets. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

We already have 4WR spots that need to be filled. Opening up another hole by trading away your Best Recieving Threat in this Offense is absurd. 

Ertz and Goedert work perfectly together. Compliment each other. You dont break that up and you most certainly dont do it for Peanuts like a 3rd rd pick!

53 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is a bad take and you should feel bad.

Wait how do we have 4WR spots to fill? we have 4 that are almost definitely going to be on the roster next year (Jeffrey/Jackson/JJAW/Jr) unless Howie decides to go full on rebuild.

I said I would consider it. Its a luxury having 2 dynamic TEs but honestly they take opportunities away from each other. When Goedert started to ball we saw Ertz numbers decline (then Ertz got hurt). Last year when Goedert was MIA not even getting snaps, it was because Ertz had to be on the field. Look at TB and tell me OJ Howard and Brate are both flourishing or in TEN how Jonnu Smith and Delanie Walker are both tearing it up. I'll wait. 

If this was the college game with the hash marks are spread apart I'll be all on board the two TE system. In the NFL it doesn't work, it has never worked. It was always Gronk and whomever that can block. We upgrade the WR position who falls in the pecking order? So Goedert will sit on the sidelines playing 25-40% of the snaps for the next few years because Ertz has to play? That seems like a waste. Give me a 2nd if Ertz plays 12 games I use that 2nd in 2021 to keep replenishing the team. Ertz will be 30 years old next year. A bunch of yall just talked about getting faster/younger. 

Just where we are drafting I'm not sure its a great spot, but its where we are at right now.

Feels like most of the receivers or corners we might want could be off the board after the first 20 picks.

Might need to trade up or down.

Feel like we need to get a starting corner in free agency before the draft rolls around.... so sign someone like Chris Harris in free agency.

It would give us some flexibility entering the draft so we don't have to panic if a corner we have rated that highly doesn't fall to us.