Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

18 hours ago, The LBC said:

There are very legitimate reasons to be critical of Cornette, but saying he's "being shunned by every promotion in the world" is a bald-faced lie.  Dude hates flying with a passion, so that's going to limit the pool of for bookings to begin with.  Him getting canned by NWA was as much, if not more, a case of NWA's production/management's incompetency as Cornette having a sense of humor that's 20 years too old.

Sure, it was hyperbolic on purpose, I'm sure there are promotions who would take the rub from his name, but he's burned bridges with or forced his way out of all of the top promotions in the USA from my mind, at least. 

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

That you follow the first sentence with the second is just the cherry on top of your blatant hypocrisy.  Calling you a narcissist isn't a childish put-down, it's a fair assessment of behavior you've exhibited in this thread since page 1.

Also... you genuinely need a better grasp on the English language or need to go invest in a dictionary.  This has nothing to do with spelling and more to do with you using words that you don't seem to understand what they mean.

You're genuinely a running joke at this point.  That you lack the self-reflection to call anyone else narrow-minded and not see how it makes you look like a king-sized hypocrite is the height of irony.  Anyone who disagrees with you... you run straight to hyperbole on describing their position.  I don't have a crush of any kind on Ricochet.  He's drawing more than Lashley is despite being booked like a damn goober all the way back to when he was feuding with AJ.  You refuse to remotely own up to ever being wrong on anything - as if somehow it would cause your genitalia to molt off if you did.

You said it yourself, the aim of business is to MAKE MONEY.  The big money maker is Mania and specifically the main event they're leading into with Brock and Drew.  Brock has, for quite some time, had better matches with smaller guys than big guys.  Kayfabe is dead; it's died multiple times over and Vince was only one of many to take a dump on its ashes.  Brock has sold to Rey, Seth, Kofi (outside of the Smackdown FOX debut), Bryan, and AJ all in the past year.  He'll sell some (likely not a ton, but Ricochet will get at least one shine series in) for Ricochet and then he'll BORK LAZER out, German suplex, German Suplex, F5 him and pin him.  He's supposed to look strong, he's Brock freaking Lesnar heading into Wrestlemania.

Ah. Typical. Picking on a guy not using his first language. You do this repeatedly. Try to bash anyone not falling lockstep with the utter garbage you spew. All you ever do is attack people and put them down on here. Like youre some kind of incel that never deals with people in the real world. Grow up.

To bad mods cant be ignored. Because youd have been on it LOOOOOONG ago with your child like interactions with anyone you disagree with.

17 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ah. Typical. Picking on a guy not using his first language. You do this repeatedly. Try to bash anyone not falling lockstep with the utter garbage you spew. All you ever do is attack people and put them down on here. Like youre some kind of incel that never deals with people in the real world. Grow up.

To bad mods cant be ignored. Because youd have been on it LOOOOOONG ago with your child like interactions with anyone you disagree with.

LOL

Be glad that we're not supposed to discuss politics or anything veering towards political on here, because I'd literally destroy you.

Go back to Reddit where people believe you being some sort of badass and don't mind that you lie incessantly.  You want to play both badass and victim, sorry, life doesn't work that way.

You are a hypocrite.  If you can't see it, that's on you.  You choosing to use big words to try and make yourself sound more impressive when the language those words come from isn't an excuse for misusing the words.  And honestly, I question whether you actually read the posts of people that don't agree with you with any sort of consideration or whether you're just one of those self-important blowhards that's just waiting for their next turn to speak.  Respect is earned in life and you haven't earned squat, regardless of how you purport to be owed it around here.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The LBC said:

LOL

Be glad that we're not supposed to discuss politics or anything veering towards political on here, because I'd literally destroy you.

Go back to Reddit where people believe you being some sort of badass and don't mind that you lie incessantly.  You want to play both badass and victim, sorry, life doesn't work that way.

You are a hypocrite.  If you can't see it, that's on you.  You choosing to use big words to try and make yourself sound more impressive when the language those words come from isn't an excuse for misusing the words.  And honestly, I question whether you actually read the posts of people that don't agree with you with any sort of consideration or whether you're just one of those self-important blowhards that's just waiting for their next turn to speak.  Respect is earned in life and you haven't earned squat, regardless of how you purport to be owed it around here.

So insecure. Youre like a child trying to get in last word. Even though Ive stated I clearly dont want to hear anything you have to say.

Ive said it in the past. Repeatedly at least 5 times. You try to insult and put down anyone you deal with. Go back pages and see it happens with others too.

Its sad. Its pathetic. And thats what you bring to the table with your insecure child act. Ive said it before. Dont address me. I cant ignore youre pathetic attempts to seem superior to others on a message board because youre so insecure in your life. I have 2 degrees, I own 2 businesses. One being one of the biggest minority owned seafood businesses in the state of Virginia. You can think whatever you want.  No matter how hard you try. Youre nothing to me. So dont address me. 

Ill edit to follow up. Since you try to downplay everyones intelligence. For instance. A good 50% of my dreams are in Portuguese. 30% or more in Spanish. Only sometimes English. Last week surprised me when I had a full nights dream in Italian which I havent used since spending a heavy amount of time in Argentina over a decade ago. With the ability to communicate enough to get around in Dutch thanks to Tobago. So this fantasy dream that you could destroy me politically. What language would you prefer to have it in? English? LMAO!

Edited by PARROTHEAD

Man, I get Cornette's shtick but man, listening to his latest drive thru (unfortunately, came up on youtube while I was cooking), the dude has no idea what he's talking about anymore. Just like no one would watch 80s sitcoms anymore, no one would care about the style of wrestling he thinks should only exist. I also don't know how he gets so many views since every podcast seems to literally be the same. 

He just seems so angry that people stopped believing it was real. So okay, the lid was blown. Either the business evolves or it dies entirely. Don't pretend to love the industry if you don't want to see it thrive. 

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Man, I get Cornette's shtick but man, listening to his latest drive thru (unfortunately, came up on youtube while I was cooking), the dude has no idea what he's talking about anymore. Just like no one would watch 80s sitcoms anymore, no one would care about the style of wrestling he thinks should only exist. I also don't know how he gets so many views since every podcast seems to literally be the same. 

He just seems so angry that people stopped believing it was real. So okay, the lid was blown. Either the business evolves or it dies entirely. Don't pretend to love the industry if you don't want to see it thrive. 

I think he nails it on most things AEW though. Praising Mox, SCU, Jericho, Cody and MJF for the most part. Then bashing Omega, P&P, the Bucks and Private Party. Like when reviewing the Omega Page vs P&P match. Page hits finishers on both members of P&P and they stay down a while. Then he accidentally catches Omega with the same move and he pops back up, staggers for 2 seconds and is okay. Thats something to pick at yes. But he does drag something simple like that into a 15 minute lunatic rant.

Raw avg over 3 million per Raw in 2017. This past Monday it saw 2.1 million with no football. Week before 2.4 for a Post Rumble show. And this is the Road to Mania where its historically the highest viewed season of the year. I can see why in his way he hates where its headed. I do the same, just different than him on things. The business has been a sinking ship and needs to evolve. But it has to start with the simple forgotten things. Like in-ring storytelling, storylines and selling. Until the little things are done right, theres little hope for evolving the product other ways.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:04 PM, Troy Brown said:

AEW seems to really hit every other Dynamite out of the park. Great show. They've got 3 strong storylines going and a good undercard one with Janela/Sabian.

Every other week it's great. Otherwise, it's just average. And that's fine. Dynamite is run by Cody and I'm glad they finally have what looks like a real competitor to WWE for once.

30 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Image result for welcome back chant gif

I'm liking the Drew McIntyre-Brock Lesnar idea. I love seeing Finn in NXT and NXT is still it's glorious self. AEW is a nice addition to the group. And the Fiend and BRay Wyatt is finally written right. He's very much an undertaker-like persona where multiple creative paths down the line work. This is the scariest yet. I don't know which scares me more, the creepy firefly funhouse guy or the fiend he turns into.

7 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'm liking the Drew McIntyre-Brock Lesnar idea. I love seeing Finn in NXT and NXT is still it's glorious self. AEW is a nice addition to the group. And the Fiend and BRay Wyatt is finally written right. He's very much an undertaker-like persona where multiple creative paths down the line work. This is the scariest yet. I don't know which scares me more, the creepy firefly funhouse guy or the fiend he turns into.

I actually think the Firefly Funhouse is starting to get a bit stale. They did so many of them before the Fiend ever debuted, they kinda burned the wick 3 feet above the candle on that one IMO. It peaked at the muscle man dance for me. The Fiend aspect is still dope though. I kinda hope they run a stroyline where the Fiend completely "kills" the Bray Wyatt persona because it is holding the Fiend back.