Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

So they can handle it two ways. Cut down their roster or use them. They won't do 1 and don't do 2.

I agree with you. Cutting it down makes the thing more manageable though. It's almost impossible to write compelling stories for 50+ superstars. 

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I agree with you. Cutting it down makes the thing more manageable though. It's almost impossible to write compelling stories for 50+ superstars. 

Absolutely. Cutting the roster down makes the most sense. They won't do that though. Due to that, I think it'd be easier to use who they have and give them all more opportunities. If Tyler Breeze, EC3, etc. were given consistent TV time and matches and segments then maybe a few months from now we wouldn't view those segments as pointless and filler.

• Like 2

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Absolutely. Cutting the roster down makes the most sense. They won't do that though. Due to that, I think it'd be easier to use who they have and give them all more opportunities. If Tyler Breeze, EC3, etc. were given consistent TV time and matches and segments then maybe a few months from now we wouldn't view those segments as pointless and filler.

I wish they explored an off-season of sorts. Like, give Rollins the month of April off, Reigns the month of May off, etc...

Obviously you'd tweak those set vacations based on title reigns and whatnot, but it would give other guys more opportunities and allow people to return fresh. After all, big returns are catalysts for excellent storytelling if done right. I think it would be perfect if they could hammer down an efficient system for this.

You could even use the vacations as heel tactics. McIntyre costs Rollins the title and then conveniently goes on vacation for a month. New way for heels to duck the faces.

And that 24/7 title needs to be the Hardcore title. It'd make this thing infinitely more exciting. And it's not like you need to have gory bloodfests either.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

And Vince still buys into the house show method working.  And you can't have people on the regular travel schedule they have the main roster on with a roster half the size - injuries will hit you so hard you'll be working with a roster a quarter of the size or smaller.  I'm not taking a side here, I'm just pointing out the logistics.  This is where NXT isn't comparable because they tape 3-4 episodes in a night.  I'm pretty sure they only have one more taping show left right now to get get them all the way to TakeOver: Toronto (which is right before Summer Slam) - and their weekly "house shows" in Tampa largely get used to give matches to the PC guys and girls and who are still developing and haven't been put on TV yet.

Speaking more to what you brought up in your later post, they don't need an offseason, but the better thing for them to do would be to just give R&R periods, built-in to the contract.  So you get 2-3 months out of the year unless you're the tippy-top guy/girl where you're free to go home, spend time with your family, do whatever, so long as you're staying in shape (which they'd do anyway).  Hell, make the final month of that period time where you're assigned to the PC either to freshen up your stuff or to serve as a guest instructor at the use of the regular trainers.  It takes some organizing and, more importantly, pre-planning in the way that Vince and co used to do (where they'd come out of a WrestleMania knowing what they're main event for the following year's Mania was going to be and had a plan on how to get there), but it keep things fresher because you're not as accustom to seeing some talent every week of the year and it allows them to maintain a certain status (midcard/upper card/main event) without feeling like a throw-in just because they're trying to get everyone on TV.

46 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I wish they explored an off-season of sorts. Like, give Rollins the month of April off, Reigns the month of May off, etc...

Obviously you'd tweak those set vacations based on title reigns and whatnot, but it would give other guys more opportunities and allow people to return fresh. After all, big returns are catalysts for excellent storytelling if done right. I think it would be perfect if they could hammer down an efficient system for this.

You could even use the vacations as heel tactics. McIntyre costs Rollins the title and then conveniently goes on vacation for a month. New way for heels to duck the faces.

And that 24/7 title needs to be the Hardcore title. It'd make this thing infinitely more exciting. And it's not like you need to have gory bloodfests either.

Agreed, there are many avenues they could try and don't. It's frustrating. In the end, my two favorite wrestlers are working for the other guys and they are far more likely to get my money going forward. If Becky leaves WWE it's GG for me.

4500 paid tickets at Stomping Grounds. Around 6k total attendance.

3500 at Raw last night total.

You could total them both and not get what House Shows use to get 20 years ago.

This is a disaster theyve shown 0 signs of trying to correct or alter what theyve been doing.

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

This is a disaster theyve shown 0 signs of trying to correct or alter what theyve been doing.

Bc they dont care, you call it a disaster, the wwe just doesnt make money from ticket sales and havent for quite some time so it doesnt effect their bottom line, as long as they continue to collect $200M/month from the network they arent going to give a damn.  The company annualizes nearly $2B, even the other guys have admitted that they cant compete against the juggernaut machine.  This is why I laugh at all the ratings handwringing that fans have been doing.  The WWE doesnt care.  They know they have the subscriber base, and their SM #s prove that people are watching.  That's why Fox wants them.  And Fox isnt just giving them airtime for smackdown, Fox intends to build a weekly block of programming centered around the wwe.  

17 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

House shows aren't a sustainable model as anything more than supplemental promotion these days.  AEW stated they aren't even doing house shows because of this.  The industry changed from what it was 20 years ago, making this argument you're giving a strawman.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Bc they dont care, you call it a disaster, the wwe just doesnt make money from ticket sales and havent for quite some time so it doesnt effect their bottom line, as long as they continue to collect $200M/month from the network they arent going to give a damn.  The company annualizes nearly $2B, even the other guys have admitted that they cant compete against the juggernaut machine.  This is why I laugh at all the ratings handwringing that fans have been doing.  The WWE doesnt care.  They know they have the subscriber base, and their SM #s prove that people are watching.  That's why Fox wants them.  And Fox isnt just giving them airtime for smackdown, Fox intends to build a weekly block of programming centered around the wwe.  

Stock has dropped 30 since April. Both networks threatening them.

They care about those dollars and keeping holders and them signing the checks happy.

WWE®ReportsFirst Quarter 2019 Results 2019HighlightsRevenueswere$182.4million as compared to $187.7 million in the prior year quarter Operating income reflected a loss of $6.8million as compared to income of $21.8million in the prior year quarter

https://corporate.wwe.com/~/media/Files/W/WWE/press-releases/2019/1q19-earnings-pr.pdf

39 minutes ago, The LBC said:

House shows aren't a sustainable model as anything more than supplemental promotion these days.  AEW stated they aren't even doing house shows because of this.  The industry changed from what it was 20 years ago, making this argument you're giving a strawman.

Youve missed the point. House shows were drawing what Raw drew tripled. Indy shows can be found pulling in better than the worlds biggest promotions flagship show did this week.

People complained about how bad the Lafayette crowd was a few month back. But they showed up. Now its like people arnt even bothering to do that. Portland is usually a big wrestling city. The product just isnt luring people in.

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Youve missed the point. House shows were drawing what Raw drew tripled. Indy shows can be found pulling in better than the worlds biggest promotions flagship show did this week.

People complained about how bad the Lafayette crowd was a few month back. But they showed up. Now its like people arnt even bothering to do that. Portland is usually a big wrestling city. The product just isnt luring people in.

A lot of that has to do with the kiddies not being able to see John Cena. This is an issue that the E cant grasp. Since John left kids dont want to go anymore, so parents dont take them. Hence why the bad crowd numbers. The hardcore fans dont go because the E is still pandering to the young crowd.