Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

@StLunatic88We've been through my stance on Jericho, at length, and I legit cannot stand that he's now attaching himself to Ricky (who, if I'm being honest, I see as a likely bigger, long-term homegrown star that AEW can produce over the likes of Jungle Boy, Darby - I like Darby a lot, but he's ultimately capped because of his size... and because he's very likely going to injure himself permanently in a way that just debilitates his ability to perform at a high level, Sammy, and probably anyone not named Will Hobbs - assuming he ever learns how to properly promo or attaches himself to a premium talker, a la a Brock/Heyman type relationship).

Ricky is still a shade green, in that he hasn't really been given (and thus not had) the opportunity to truly inabit a character of his own, but I can see him having a ceiling of the caliber of Gino Hernandez, and legitimately if Max does end up following the money to Stamford in the prolific free agency, I would push the living crap out of Ricky as the Flair-esque heel to fill Max's shoes.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

@StLunatic88We've been through my stance on Jericho, at length, and I legit cannot stand that he's now attaching himself to Ricky (who, if I'm being honest, I see as a likely bigger, long-term homegrown star that AEW can produce over the likes of Jungle Boy, Darby - I like Darby a lot, but he's ultimately capped because of his size... and because he's very likely going to injure himself permanently in a way that just debilitates his ability to perform at a high level, Sammy, and probably anyone not named Will Hobbs - assuming he ever learns how to properly promo or attaches himself to a premium talker, a la a Brock/Heyman type relationship).

Im with you here, When he came out on Wednesday, I heard myself groan. 

I thought I could praise him the week before, when he took the pin from AA. It definitely really helps that kid, but it unfortunately seems like its going to just be a one off thing. What made Razor/1-2-3 so special was that it was an ongoing program. Not just a hot shot.

But to immediately pivot and latch on to the (second) hottest thing going, when he absolutely doesnt deserve it in Kayfabe, while maybe just clipping Andretti onto the feud, feels kinds gross.

Now had we transitioned into a "delusional" Jericho phase, maybe Id be OK with it. I was thinking like Ricky interrupting Jericho as Chris tries to spout off accomplishments from the past. Ricky runs him down, while the JAS try to stick up for him. Jericho finally says hes "too good for a jobber with a catchphrase" as he attempts to dismiss Starks. Setting up Ricky Starks as the guy to run through the JAS, making Jericho eat his words one major defeat at a time, and ultimately end the stable. Seems like some good Rub, but unfortunately I doubt Chris allows that to happen

I think we all know that were about to watch The Elite wing "Game 6" tonight, setting up the Final Ladder Match in LA.

And we can talk about who should/will win that later on, but My question right now is, if given the option, would you pull the swerve tonight and end it one match early?

Honestly, I would. It for sure would be a surprise, but it would also be the best for the best path forward for these two teams. The Elite would fall, and the story of them picking themselves back up is much more interesting than just falling short and likely claiming they should still get another shot. And Death Triangle come out looking really strong, being the pinnacle (sorry) of the Trios Division. But also now on murky ground, as they are no longer majority babyface.

I could go on and on here. But I was just curious if people would rather see the Game 7 or the swerve? And does the already promised Ladder Match sway your opinion here? 

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think we all know that were about to watch The Elite wing "Game 6" tonight, setting up the Final Ladder Match in LA.

And we can talk about who should/will win that later on, but My question right now is, if given the option, would you pull the swerve tonight and end it one match early?

Honestly, I would. It for sure would be a surprise, but it would also be the best for the best path forward for these two teams. The Elite would fall, and the story of them picking themselves back up is much more interesting than just falling short and likely claiming they should still get another shot. And Death Triangle come out looking really strong, being the pinnacle (sorry) of the Trios Division. But also now on murky ground, as they are no longer majority babyface.

I could go on and on here. But I was just curious if people would rather see the Game 7 or the swerve? And does the already promised Ladder Match sway your opinion here? 

I'm in agreement with you that it should end tonight, if only to lay the bones for future "Best of" matches in the promotion that if the series reaches a Game 6 or Game 4 or whatever - or hell, even in 2/3 falls matches moving forward - it's not a foregone conclusion that they're just going to drag it out to where it's ultimately just a 1-and-done match to decide it that just had a lot of window-dressing prior.

Now, do I believe for a hot minute that the EVP's are going to put over another faction when this trios comeback for them has been one, big FU (regardless of whether some may feel it's deserved) to a guy who is still on the roster and very likely future-litigant against the company?  No way.  And certainly not in PWG's backyard where they know that no matter what absurd, nonsensical stuff they do in the match, they'll get cheered "as long as it's funny" (even though humor is subjective).

Does the promise of a ladder match sway me?  Not really, though I see it as (call me morbid, but also realistic) the best way to solve AEW's Bucks problem because it creates the highest probability option for one of them to legitimately injure themselves (without doing permanent damage) and force them to either both be off TV for a fresh stretch going into the New Year... or to have to do something fresh that the Bucks have rarely had the opportunity to do, which would be for one of them to actually have a singles run.

• Like 1

Sitting on the ramp for this dynamite, darby cut the promo of his life after the show and brought nick Wayne into the ring. Afterwards, sting walked by my girlfriend, made eye contact with her, came back and fist bumped her. Childhood version of me very jealous but to see her starstruck was very cool 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

pretty sure it's misdirection

aew been whack as of late tho 

I think we all want it to be. But this is a very weird way to do something for Mercedes

All the rumors were they couldn’t announce it because she was still under contract, but that’s no longer the case.

if you want to build buzz for the big LA show, this is absolutely not the way to do it. You actually let all the air out of the balloon