Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 2/27/2024 at 9:24 AM, bcb1213 said:

They really don't need Dustin for anything or give any pub to aew to bring Dustin in , especially with Dustin's contract up in the fall anyhow.  Nash already said it's basically his choice not to do it.  

Pretty much.  They don't need Dustin in the current feud for Cody vs Roman.  Seth fulfills the Dustin role, for the most part, and Cody needs to feel like an underdog, so he should have less pawns on his side of the board.

Where Dustin gives you the most value is in the fall, after his contract is up, and it would be as a guy coming to have his little brother's back in a multi-man match where Cody's facing down long odds again.  It kind of writes itself as an apparatus to put both Rhodes boys together in War Games together (and you can even acknowledge that Dustin has experience in this type of match).  If that feels a little too reminiscent of last year's War Games with Orton, there's number of tweaks you can make on that, not the least of which would be flipping Randy by that point and having him be the heel chasing down Cody and captaining the other team.

AEW put out a great tribute video for Sting at the end of the countdown show. Check out the last 4-5 minutes. Tomorrow will be an emotional rollercoaster.

Edited by Edge

Ospreay is pure magic. No one can touch him right now.

Joe vs. Swerve vs. Hangman was the perfect cementing of the double turn.

Darby is insane. Don't really like Sting not going out on his back but whatever. Fun match.

• Like 1

Revolution was insane. Don't bother to watch the Zero Hour. The main thing to take away was the beautiful Sting video, i recommended earlier and the return video for PAC.

The PPV was incredible. Ospreay vs. Konosuke was incredible. Very modern and some might not like it that way, but give it a watch. It was great stuff. That's why Ospreay needed to go to AEW to deliver matches like these. He's the future of AEW. What a man.

And then we have to talk about Sting. This match was also absolutely incredible. Besides the Darby spot, which was just stupid. It will probably go into the the history books like the Mankind spot in the Hell in a Cell match, but this here could have ended really, really bad. Luckily it didn't, so the focus was kept on Sting, who had an incredible performance. But we have to talk about the Young Bucks as well. There were a lot of doubters and even criticism why they're getting the last match against Sting. This match answered all those things. The heel work of the Bucks was insane. I don't think any other team, could have played along so good with Sting, ilke the Bucks. They were hated. Sting was even more beloved because of that and the nearfalls were even better. Take out the Darby Allin spot and this was the perfect match for a 64-year old Sting to walk into the sunshine. This one was probably the best retirement match of all time. Thank you Sting and thank you AEW for giving him this run! I enjoyed every bit of it.

Besides those two matches the 3-Way for the AEW Title was also great. I loved Eddie vs. Bryan Danielson. Hart hitting stuff between those two guys. I also loved BCC vs. FTR. I actually also liked the scramble. Even more than the opener, the women's match or the International Championship Match. The return of Kyle O'Reilly should also be mentioned.

There are just a few things i wish they could have included in the show. For example two or three small video packages with some of the legends to say goodbye to Sting. I'd loved that to happen during the entire show.

Overall this was a fantastic show.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Edge said:

Revolution was insane. Don't bother to watch the Zero Hour. The main thing to take away was the beautiful Sting video, i recommended earlier and the return video for PAC.

The PPV was incredible. Ospreay vs. Konosuke was incredible. Very modern and some might not like it that way, but give it a watch. It was great stuff. That's why Ospreay needed to go to AEW to deliver matches like these. He's the future of AEW. What a man.

And then we have to talk about Sting. This match was also absolutely incredible. Besides the Darby spot, which was just stupid. It will probably go into the the history books like the Mankind spot in the Hell in a Cell match, but this here could have ended really, really bad. Luckily it didn't, so the focus was kept on Sting, who had an incredible performance. But we have to talk about the Young Bucks as well. There were a lot of doubters and even criticism why they're getting the last match against Sting. This match answered all those things. The heel work of the Bucks was insane. I don't think any other team, could have played along so good with Sting, ilke the Bucks. They were hated. Sting was even more beloved because of that and the nearfalls were even better. Take out the Darby Allin spot and this was the perfect match for a 64-year old Sting to walk into the sunshine. This one was probably the best retirement match of all time. Thank you Sting and thank you AEW for giving him this run! I enjoyed every bit of it.

Besides those two matches the 3-Way for the AEW Title was also great. I loved Eddie vs. Bryan Danielson. Hart hitting stuff between those two guys. I also loved BCC vs. FTR. I actually also liked the scramble. Even more than the opener, the women's match or the International Championship Match. The return of Kyle O'Reilly should also be mentioned.

There are just a few things i wish they could have included in the show. For example two or three small video packages with some of the legends to say goodbye to Sting. I'd loved that to happen during the entire show.

Overall this was a fantastic show.

The biggest thing I would change would have been the angle of Hangman in the triple threat.

It would've been next level storytelling if when Joe has Hanger in the choke, Hanger sees Swerve crawling towards him to break it up, and as a final F U, just before Swerve gets there, Hangman looking Swerve directly in the eyes, taps out.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mox said:

The biggest thing I would change would have been the angle of Hangman in the triple threat.

It would've been next level storytelling if when Joe has Hanger in the choke, Hanger sees Swerve crawling towards him to break it up, and as a final F U, just before Swerve gets there, Hangman looking Swerve directly in the eyes, taps out.

I agree. That would have been phenomenal storytelling.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 1:00 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Paul Heyman going to be inducted in the WWE HOF.  The question is, who will induct him?  We all know Brock aint. 

He’s not been the most reliable payroll guy either, so plenty of folks may not want to get up there and do it either because of being shafted over the years.  

Bischoff might make the most sense as someone who can speak as a promoter of sorts, as well as a peer in WWE for a time. 

On 3/4/2024 at 1:00 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Paul Heyman going to be inducted in the WWE HOF.  The question is, who will induct him?  We all know Brock aint. 

CM Punk? He's got nothing better to do. 

RVD for the ECW link?